Urch Forums

How long can I postpone my writing GRE for admissions in Spring 2008

OhShaq

Hi Everyone,

I would like to apply for courses starting during Spring of 2008. I can't take up GRE before end of June as I need more time to prepare, and I know many a colleges would have started to accept applications by then.

I would like to know...

If I start applying to colleges during July end or early August, would it bring any 'harm', or rather reduce my chances of getting into a reasonable college.

What factors should I consider, if I plan to take up GRE as late as I mentioned for admissions in Spring of 2008. I would prefer not to postpone to applying for Fall of 2008 for personal reasons.

Your time & help is greatly appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Shaq

I think you need to look at the schools you're targeting. In my case, most of the schools I've shortlisted have their deadlines in July/Aug for Spring 2008. But, as you would have noticed, all schools recommend prospective students (international ones especially) to apply as early as possible so that your application is processed faster. Also, you need to take into account the delay in getting the official GRE scores from ETS. This date should preferably be a month before a school's deadline IMO.