Urch Forums

Scratch Paper

Oldman

i asked this question to one of my friend who appreared GRE last nov. its not that complicated. he said if you need anything (including pencils ,papers) you have to raise your hand and responsible person will come to you for your help.

he also mentioned that the center provided him sufficient scratch papers at the start of the exam. but they gave him only 2 pencils so after a while he needed more sharper ons so he asked for 2 more pencils and immidiately they gave those to him.

hope you got answer.

• 2 weeks later...
I got a blue booklet with about 4 sheets of scratch paper, and two sharpened pencils. I used one page to organize my thoughts for the essays, one page to highlight the main points of the reading comp passages, and the rest for the math. Personally, I think if you're using the scratch paper too much you're getting yourself into trouble. Before you start solving a problem longhand, look for a quicker, intuitive way to do it. Use pen and paper only as a last resort. I used pen and paper way too much on my first problems and it cost me big when I got to the end as I was almost out of time.