Urch Forums

Interested in studying in US but not knowing where to start

bia

Hi, my name is Bianca , and I am from Romania..although I have only 17, I would like to appy for a high school in US. I would also like to study Law on a University in US.. but unfortunately I don't know how or where should I apply..here I am studying at the best high school on a bilingual english intensive section,but as I first said I would like to study abroad. .. if you can provide me with some informations about some areas in US were foreign students are accepted, providing them a scholarship please let me know...

17 is probably too old to apply to most US high schools, although I know some private schools will accept you. I'm not sure about all of the United States, but here in San Francisco, I understand that you cannot apply to a public high school as an international student (with an F-1 visa) after you're 18.

For colleges--I think all of the US colleges accept international students. One of the first things you'll need to do is prepare to take the TOEFL, which will test your ability to speak and understand American English.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

hmm...thank you for your kindness..too old?..I think that's another problem..I don't know the limits and the differences between college and high school... I would need some more informations ...and as far as it concerns the TOEFL I have taken the CAE a month ago :d... Edited by Erin
Contact information removed.