Urch Forums

Can I go for this?

Shanah

• 1 month later...

My advice to all students preparing for IELTS. The best preparation will always be a face-to-face IELTS course. Yes they are expensive but you will have lots of questions and you'll get quicker answers from your teacher. Most school courses are a good investment for a very important and challenging exam.

The Internet is here to help - there are loads of books and teachers with websites (including myself) who are offering free advice and practice. Some of them charge. Use them to back up your course, or when you finish your course. You will have more knowledge and experience about the exam and then know which sites seem more reliable. I would say beware spending money on the Internet. Make sure you can find out from others about what is offered, and how useful and appropriate it was for this student, before you start spending money.

Also read the 'About' pages on websites. Of course people can always write lies, but if the website owner is a real IELTS tutor or examiner with experience and knowledge they will want to tell you that. At the same time, they may want to protect their identity for personal security reasons so don't expect to find out every detail!

I hope this helps and good luck.