Urch Forums

Please grade my IELTS essay

sandy

TOPIC: Financial education should be mandatory component of the school program. To what extent do you agree or disagree with you statement.

If at all I score below 7, Please tell me why I am not able to score grade 7 or above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Money has been indiscrete and influential part of our lives and will continue to be so irrespective of human races or ages. Having said that, today, the education system lacks financial education at all ages; it is bestowed only at higher levels of education like college and graduate but not at lower levels of educations like schools. As a result, children at young age are barely aware of the important role that money plays in their lives. Therefore, finance subject must be added to school syllabus and must be given equal importance as other subjects.

Firstly, it helps a child get responsible in money matters. The reason being, they are taught what money is, why it exists and how it should be earned and spent. This knowledge makes them think twice before they set in new demands to their elders. For instance, a kid will think twice before asking for a new toy and will be cautious in spending pocket money given by parents.

Secondly, it helps parents alleviate the parenthood. The child is understands importance of money, he or she will think on the same lines as their parents do when it comes to expenditures, leading to a sensible and mutually understanding happy family. For example, a child will develop a habit of glancing at price tags while shopping.

Finally, and extremely significant, it helps the society. The reason being, a child with strong finance basics at school, growing up to be a well informed and mastered youth in finance, has greater ability to significantly contribute to economic and financial growth to the place he or she belongs.

In conclusion, it is very obvious that, financial education, to a great extent assists kids, to be cautious about the expenditures, helps parents enjoy parenthood and aids society to own kids and youth with strong financial rational. Thus mandating financial education at schools will only turn out to be a boon from all aspects.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...