Urch Forums

Please grade my task 1.

Mohammed

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/ielts/6946-please-grade-my-task-1-qw.pnghttp://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/ielts/6947-please-grade-my-task-1-df.png

The table below shows CO2 emissions for different forms of transport in the European Union.

The Pie Chart shows the percentage of European Union funds being spent on different forms of transport.

The graph demonstrates the amount of carbon-dioxide that is released by different means of transport in the EU, and the pie chart compares the proportion of expenditure on various types of transport.

It can be clearly seen that airplanes contribute the biggest amount of CO2 to the air. It is also noticeable that roads receive more than half of the total funding of transportation.

Looking more closely, we can see that about 370 grams per passenger is emitted by the planes, while the figure for private cars is just nearly 130 grams per head. Sea transport and railways pollute the air almost at the same level, with 50 grams per person. Coaches, however, produce the least amount of CO2 in comparison with the other means of transport (roughly 40 grams)

Roads are considered the most important form of transportation as they get 52% of the whole funding. Railways and public transports are financed by 31% and 10% of the EU’s budget respectively. European Union set aside only 5% of its financial resources for the remaining forms of travelling altogether.