Urch Forums

which are the best books or video series for self study for IELTS?

Alecia Petridis

• 1 month later...

Hi Alecia,

Check out the series of IELTS Speaking videos on my YouTube channel here. Each video in the series includes an IELTS candidate answering some IELTS Speaking questions and then some feedback on the candidate's speaking from me.

I don't have any specific advice for finding a speaking partner but do have some advice for when you find someone to practice with: Get more speaking practice and improve your IELTS Speaking band score

Best wishes,

Pete

• 1 month later...

Just posted another video in my series of IELTS Speaking videos.

In this video, an IELTS candidate from China (Alvin) talks about an IELTS Speaking Part 2 topic, and then I talk about a common grammar mistake that he makes and how you can avoid making the same mistake in your IELTS Speaking test.

Check it out at

Pete

• 3 months later...
which are the best books or video series for self study for IELTS?

I've just posted a review of the book 'IELTS Trainer', a book of IELTS Academic Practice tests. What I like most about the book is that it contains suggested steps to take when answering different types of IELTS question.

You can read my full review here: www.freeieltscourse.com/ielts-books-and-resources/ielts-trainer-review/

Pete

• 1 year later...

Hi

I only use The Free School as the tutor is PhD and only list official resource: idp australia, cambridge and british council.

So far is enough at this site for me to always have free official ielts resource.

IELTS Academic

IELTS Academic writing task 1.

Daily tip

Best free ielts teacher is ieltsliz on youtube. Free but not official ielts teacher and very good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ieltsliz

Anit

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can I read a 300-page e-book in 2 hours?

Yes, after you complete the video and e-book exercises you will finish a 300-page e-book in 2 hours. And you will be able to finish about 57,4 pages in 20 minutes, which you can do while you are on the bus or the metro. This will save you thousands of hours in the future and you will have a lot of time to do many things in your life.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786S431J

YouTube

This site really helpful to reading skills and habits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You can find many courses for free to preparing for IELTS.I found such video course on Yoututbe. I am student and I do not have time for studying a lot so from time to time if I had problems with writing course works I use help of Paperell service