Urch Forums

640 M37 V40, from 540 -> 580 -> 640

caribcon

Hi,

I took my gmat two days ago. I am really happy with the verbal score but the math is really low. I improved my verbal score from 28 to 40. For you guys trying to improve your verbal score here are a few things you can do:

1) Do all the questions in the official guide. Divide the questions into mini tests. Take the tests under timed conditions.

2) Time yourself (8 minutes for RC, 1.3 for CR, 1.3 for SC)

3) Use LSAT material for the RC and CR sections.

4) Sentence correction forum

5) SC 885 on gmat club. There are some great sentence correction questions there.

6) Study the Sentence Correction explanations in the official guide section. Make notes

7) Take full-length tests so you can build up your stamina.

BREAKDOWN OF MY SCORES

PR - 590, 610, 640

MANHATTAN GMAT - 640 -> 660

PAPER TESTS - 650, 680

MATH

Started off all right but I got bogged down on some of the questions. Actually some of the word problems were really confusing and long. Basically I ran out of time and guessed on the last 10 questions.

VERBAL

Do not let your performance on one section affect your performance on the other. The questions were very similar to the official guide. However, the Critical reasoning was a bit harder than the Official guide questions. The RC questions were a bit tricky. When you are doing these questions try not to get bogged down in detail. While reading try to identify the main purpose and paraphrase the paragraph. Make sure you have a general idea of the most important points in the passage. Do not try to remember everything. You can go back and search for the answers to the various questions later on.

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how I can improve my math score. I have used a lot of material (OG, PR, Manhattan GMAT, Kaplan) but my Math score has not moved. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Hi,

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how I can improve my math score. I have used a lot of material (OG, PR, Manhattan GMAT, Kaplan) but my Math score has not moved. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

hey caribcon, there's a sticky by zorrillo

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11422

try this one too

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16497

Cheers

adonis