Urch Forums

i hould better keep my mouth shut 710( v-51, q 35)

gagan 83

hahaha.

Guys, My score is 710(51 q, 35 - verbal)

I am sorry if u thought that I am so week in maths.Sorry for the heart break:)

Date of examination: 28 sep-2006. mumbai.

I am proud to be a software engineering and wants to make a shift as soon as possible.:D .I am a 2005 Btec-Elec$comm engineering .

Frankly speaking , I am not very happy with the score. I expected 750(+-10) . And till the last second I was sure that I have crossed the barrier.But then I was stumped by the score. In real life, I was bold out by the umpire.Unlike Inzamam,I can't appeal against the decission.I have to live with it. :rolleyes:

When I first heard about Gmat and saw some questions, I was impressed by the type of quant questions ETS asks. At that very moment,I realised that ETS wants you to know the funda. Basic fundamentals.They don't want you to know hi-fi fundas of maths.They want you to know basic fundas,but they want you to know them holistically. All the pros and cons.(will discuss more)

I was amazed by the Ds questions. I have seen these kind of questions in NDA but they were not of that high quality. Wat a question. you don't need to find the answer but you have to understand whther we can solve the question with the info given.Wah ustad. Hats off to the guys who design such kind of questions. [clap] .

In CAT(india wala) the quant is altogether different. The cat wants you to know all the formaulae and you should be able to judge, which formula to use within miliseconds, be capable of doing calculations in miliseconds and so-on.

Then confident enough, I went through the verbal section. I saw the Rc,was good. I then want through the CR and was again impressed .But I got intimidated by the Sc.

You know all the regular stuff.Wat to study and what not to study.

But one thing is for sure that GMAC is making GMAT a little bit tougher.

I don't have any right to comment on verbal prep. So silence is the most inteligent thing to do.

For maths, I would say that try to solve the question and try to learn from it. I personally believe it is very difficult to make a good question.So this is the limitation of GMAT. gmat has to test basic fundamentals. Try to understand how the concept is being asked in the question. Do the sets.

Try to grasp the concept.Don't just learn after the right answers.

The Last 10 days:-

I gave two GPREPs Gprep 1 740--50-41;710---48--37.

With such a score I was confident to get good verbal score. I gave sets-20-30.

One lesson that I learned while givinmg the GMAt preps and other sets :-

Although the question in your hand is very important. It carries a lot of importance. But GMat is not just getting the question right but getting the question done in the given time. Gmat wants you to acknowledge "i can't solve it. I should better move ahead". Their is no point in wasting your 7-10 min on a given initial question.Let it be the first question. Yes. All questions are important.(My personal opinion).

I finished my paper right on time.Although first time in my life.I finished any paper on time.

One more advice, before attempting the GPREP, dont even look at the threads which have discussions of the GPREP questions.

(3) In maths, especially in Ds, respect 0. It is the most important integeer.

Some UPs and DOWNS.

There were some ups and downs . In the last week I just became tired and can't concentrate.The Gmat was all over me.I used to walk like a zombie. I was very excited by the GAurav's score and his journey. But on 26, I was shocked after listening scores of some of my friends.

Some tips on GDAY:-

I reached there right on time.

Awa was ok. Ai was ok.

Maths:-

I made sure that

1) I should not waste a lot of time on a praticular problem

2) I should respect 0.and should plug in all the options

3) Do read the question very very properly+ read the question twice.

. once I saind next. the screen dialog box appears "YES or NO" Before clicking YES I checked the whole of the procedure and when was convinced, I clicked YES. I changed 3 of my answers.

4) Never think about the difficulty of the question in hand. Dont waste the energy to determin whether the question is diff or easy. and whether the previous question was right or wrong. Just focus on the question in hand and once said YES, just forget it.

Verbal:-

First few questions were good. I read RC thoroughly.

Cr were also good.But not very difficult.Got 2 BF.Good difficulty level.

Guys I am not the right person to guide you abt the verbal.

I should better keep my mouth shut.

Regards to:-

ERIN.- The site is very good. HAts off to All the moderators of the site. The technical guys who coded and the guys who gave them the requirements. there are some features which are very helpful for the users. For Example: The threads which the user has replied are ticked mark . THe processing time is quite less.

Erin, I pray to GOD to give me the opportunity to do something meaningful as you have done.Thx.

800BOB:- he rocks.

Philospher57:- I just can't understand which is better, his mind or the girl.

Gaurav Vedi:- If he says A is answer, It is nothing less than OA. :tup:

Charu:- His explantions were best.You will get a very good score CHARU.

RAmya:- Thx for the RC link .Ur threads were gr8

Chatru, SKarya,Ashish,Aragon,bug:- Thx guys and all the best.

Casper:- his last min advice.Focus on verbal.

KK,Geeky:- U guys Rock man.THx

Kedar:- thx yaar.

What next:-

My company loves me so much that it cant afford to lose me for one more year:D . So I have to go in 2008.

Now I don't know wat to do. How to look for the univ. Wat to see.Which are good which are bad?

one more thing, I want to take some classes of RJ(Radio jockey) CAn any mumbaite help me.Or any body?

Guys one more thing, there is a World Mba tour in mumbai on Sat 30 OCT. at Nariman Point

Mumbai - Hilton Towers Mumbai

Date: Saturday, September 30, 2006

Time: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. .

If possible do come.

Ready to learn.

gagan

Statutary warning:- Gmat is not fun. Take it seriously.

Sorry for not organising it properly.It may be a tedious job to understand .

Wow!!! What a cover drive .....(do you remember a sixer by javed miadad on the last ball of ....and won the match )

I love your debrief. I am so exited now ..I wish i could get score like you on my coming 23rd -gay day

take care

Chatrarshal Singh / India/Atlanta

Hey gagan,

Ur debrief was really good man & thanks for the wishes.

I find your advice very valuable (i keep reminding myself abt this & need to take care):

Although the question in your hand is very important. It carries a lot of importance. But GMat is not just getting the question right but getting the question done in the given time. Gmat wants you to acknowledge "i can't solve it. I should better move ahead". Their is no point in wasting your 7-10 min on a given initial question.Let it be the first question. Yes. All questions are important.(My personal opinion).

Also, i think it is a good judgement on your part to apply in 2008 - this will not only give you enuf time to evaluate the schools, but also to build up ur bank balance (a medium to long term onsite trip wud be an icing on the cake & wud really help during the app process :))

All the best for your career.

I finished my paper right on time.Although first time in my life.I finished any paper on time.

Gagan,

Thanks for debrief and tips.

Were there any Qs in quant section where u had to make any choices as mentioned above? If so, how many? And same for verbal.

regards,

skarya