Urch Forums

640-620 Help!

phenom

Just finished my GMAT and feel totally bummed coz I got a lower score than when I last took 6 months ago(640 q39 v 36, 620 q 39 v 36). Spent close to 100hrs preparing since last time, using OG, Princeton Review, Kaplan. Was unexpected that I'd score lower as I got a 720 in Power prep, but that was probably high coz of the familiar questions, being a re-install.

Any tips on what to do now would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone know the general policy of the b-schools in looking at multiple scores when the latest score is lower?

Sorry to know that.

The positive outcome of second attempt is your consistency at verbal (36) and is good enough to push your score above 700 mark provided you score around 49 in quant.

Everyone says OG quant is easier - so you need something equivalent. Get hold of sets and MJJs, and solve as many possible questions on TM. There are around 30 sets and hundreds of problems in MJJ - you can just focus on completing them. Look for these resources in Clintonn's debrief.

Wish you good luck.

Hey ,

firstly like skarya says u shud b looking at around 49 in your quant section.

secondly, dont make the decision of writing the GMAT again in a haste.

The GMAT only constitutes one part of an application. I agree you would like a better score there but do not pressure yourself. The key to success any such exam is a free mind. Because the moment you pressurise yourself you are gonna b unsure during the exam.

And any significant change would first appear on http://www.mba.com . so if the guys there dont say anything there is no need to be worried

and Good luck ..

Phenom,

I suggest you participate more on TM, I see you have few posts. You will find everything you need at Clintonn`s debrief and gmatnetwork yahoo group. You can improve your math easily and walk through 700 for sure, be sistematic in your preparation and target your weak areas. Good luck!!!