Urch Forums

740 (47q, 44v)

MikeJung

got back about 5 hrs ago from test center and had 10 beers to celebrate for this sh!t with my friends.

too buzzed to write from 1 to 10 but i will never ever forget the moment this lucky "7" digit + another 40 on the screen today. but its not done yet since i am still hungry and planning to give another one for Harvard aiming 780+ on the 20th of Jan. when I am done with essays and apps. for R2.

i ve been living here at TM since oct. and this has been great source for me to acheive such a wonderful score. i owe yall lots fosho.

special thanks to Erin

my real test was pretty much like Gmatprep. really... the shape, font, style, even the shape of buttons are all the same as those in Gmatprep.

AWA was ok. its about certain country's trade deficit related to the price of sugar(I know exactly what it was asking but dont know if i can share.)

well overall AWA was a cakewalk.

took about 7 min break. got checked back in. went into Q.

i still remember about 3-4 Questions exactly but as i said dont know if i can share. guessed the last 2 questions cuz i was running short in time. in the meantime, i felt that the Qs were too easy and thought i was doing hella bad.

took another 7 min break, drank a redbull, took a quick fat sh!t, and checked back in again.

Verbal was a bit tougher than i thought it would but again pretty much like Gmatprep and "GMATSETS". AGAIN, I STILL REMEMBER EXACTLY 2-3 QUESTIONS AND TRUST ME THEY ARE ALL FROM GMATSETS(21-31). not the same question but the Qs shared the same passages used in sets. :hmm:

i dont know who created sets but was very surprised when i saw them in real test.

some people mentioned that OGs are good and very reflective

but relying solely on OG makes u underestimate the real test.

490->540->700>740

history shows everything.

go grab ur balls if u got, sit in a locked in room, and practice pracitce and practice ...

u will get what u wanna get.

uhh my bad guys... im just too drunk to write more.

ill write a full debrief when im done with my another attempt after 3 weeks from now. 780+ for the f**ing win!

drop a line below if u have any qs or anything.

ima go sleep for the next 12 hrs. nite guys.

i was waiting on this mike. I knew that you stated that you were scheduled for the 29th, but I hadn't seen your debrief. CONGRATS! You were always around in the quant section (your post count was 900+).

I saw that you were exhausting the sets. So quant and verbal sets were similar to actual? let us know.

Again, congrats and enjoy yourself man!:tup:

Congrats! and Best of luck of ur second chance.

Can you provide me link for GMAT sets 21 onwards

If you're a member of Amit's yahoo group, they are posted in the FILES section. If not, try this link.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sAiYRRGNFHssCyacf-3qJMYavAFsXI-rqs5aduIoshlOaGOUwpnkc1pIbQ_5ikpXvbpgUfh2Sq_ipc0CJDct5W193PJIfRsycC4W/Full%20Length%20Test/21to30.zip

Tbay

i was waiting on this mike. I knew that you stated that you were scheduled for the 29th, but I hadn't seen your debrief. CONGRATS! You were always around in the quant section (your post count was 900+).

I saw that you were exhausting the sets. So quant and verbal sets were similar to actual? let us know.

Again, congrats and enjoy yourself man!:tup:

thanks thanks thanks

i only did first 1-6 sets and found them relatively easy so jumped onto 21-31.

i did every single Qs in V but didnt touch a single Quan questions. however,

i did lots of Qs in Q here especially the ones that are from GMATPREP.

i feel that just counting on the Math questions here at TM is more than enough. make sure u try a lot of them.

to answer ur question, i cant tell for sure whether the math Qs from sets are similar to the ones in real test but Verbal Q in sets would pretty much be the same level. well i felt that the real ones are just a but tougher than sets actually. Do the sets 21-31, you will see some passages in real test from sets.. well at least i had 2-3 of the same passages from the sets in my real test.

thanks again g luck to u!

hi,iam new here this is my first thread,i gave my GMAT one week ago i got 430,am seeking 500, considering retaking the exam on the 14th of January.

well the questation is @shall i rely only on the OG or on the GMATprep software

one more thing,do u think that retaking the exam will boost my chance or what?

430 yah? i was in the same shoe when i took the first PP. i got 490 and i was hopeless. but dont give up as someone says in his/her signature here, "awake, arise until the goal is reached. aim high like at least 700+, then u should be able to get it.

since u have 2 weeks at hand before the big day, what i would do if i were u is do aall the qs in OG as fast as u can, and do GMATpreps ona daily basis.

i would do twice a day if i could. make sure u do the math qs here a lot.

hope that helps.

lastly, to be honest with u, in my humble opinion, u have very limited chance at anywhere with 430.

u should def' write again and 2 weeks will do the job trust me. GMATPREP is the sh!t. again do that thang as many as u can.

First of congrats dude!!

I am sorry if this is a repeat or it is some thing every one knows :)

what are GMAT sets? Are these the paper test availble at MBA.com???

where can i get these??

thanks,

adb

thanks dude,

nah they are not avail. at mba.com. they dont have sh!t. well i dont know i never looked around other stuff there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gmatnetwork/

thats where GMATsets are

ill write a full debrief when im done with my another attempt after 3 weeks from now. 780+ for the f**ing win!

You've already won dude. Not much difference between 740 and 780 in my opinion. You're probably after it for more of a personal aspiration. Hats off for a good score. Good luck.

am glad to hear that u got 490 before even in a trial test.

what i would do if i were u is do aall the qs in OG as fast as u can,

thanxs for the advice,it really helps me 2 dewcide whether 2 retake the exam or not,

yes i know that i have a very limited chance at anywhere with 430(the university am aiming to joing requires 500).but doing the GMAT prep many times will result in repeating the questations to which i get exposed?!!!

once again thanxs for the precious advice especially from an expert like u(with regard to ur score).