Urch Forums

710 (Q 49, V 36) - Does this score seem right??

natalie82

Hey Guys! I just got back and got a 710 with M/V split of 49/36. Does this split seem right to you? I am afraid that my official score will have a lower score! I have never seen a 710 come from a 49/36...usually its 49/38 or higher!

Also I am upset I got a 36 in V, I was testing 40+ every time I took a practice test. After the math section I thought 740 or so for sure. Arghh.

What do you guys think about the score? I am scared that I will get a lower official report!

My practice exam scores:

Gmatprep1: 710 47/41

Gmatprep2: 700 47/40

Princeton Gmat1: 680 47/38

MGMAT 1: 770 47/51

MGMAT 2: 770 47/51 (yes exact same as first mgmat)

Thanks (I will post a more detailed debrief soon!)

Truthfully, I found the Math section easier than my practice. I think perhaps the super-difficulty of Manhattan GMAT adaptive exams helped me with that. Maybe I was too happy after my math section =) I personally found the Manhattan GMAT books quite helpful in Math as well as Verbal Although everyone raves about the MGMAT Sentence Correction, I think their other books are also worth it.

Princeton Review math I think is definitely easier than the real one. I would only use Princeton Review for the AWA techniques and when you are first starting your studying (in order to get an overview of the test and refresh things you used to know in college) I actually did not prepare for the AWA one bit before the real exam. I just looked over the Princeton Review AWA section before the exam and my essays went pretty well I think.

I am also still kind of in disarray about the poor verbal performance...it is making me think about taking the test again!

First of all congratulation on crossing that 700 barrier. Not sure about your motive for retaking the test, as I think score in the range of 780 does not provide you that much edge compared to 710 for admissions.

Whats your opinion about Verbal part?? WHich of the practice material is close to real GMAT?? ManhattanCAT tests are close to real GMAT Verbal? (You mentioned only about Quant part)

Once again congrats.

Hi Natalie,

I also scored a 710, with Q: 48, V: 39 split. This time of the year is slow in terms of the number of tests taken, and I'm sure you will receive your official grade by email within a week. (About 3 weeks ago I wrote my test on a Monday and received the official results on Friday).

About re-taking the test: I see many posters considering this and I would advise against doing so if your score is around the average for the school you are aiming for. I do not think that even Wharton, with an average score of 714, would view your application any different than if you had scored a 740. Reporting additional test scores, after you have already achieved a high score, might signal that your focus is misplaced.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!! I am feeling better about it today. I guess sleeping on it helps :)

I have been super-busy at work because of all the things I have been putting off in order to study for this exam...so I will write a debrief and answer your questions hopefully tonight or tomorrow night.

:o)

nat

Hey guys -- I'm sorry again that I am not writing a debrief more quickly. I am swamped at work (I'm still at work!). I was actually recently promoted to being a lead in my group, so I have a lot of added responsibility. Managing this with studying for GMAT was a challenge. I will get to your questions and PM's soon! :)

:o)

natalie

Natalie,

First of all, congratulation !!!

BTW, 700+ is always a very respectable score. All US/EU B[ig] S[hots]chools do agree with it. (Tribute to Marlon Brando (Godfather) - "All hollywood Big Shots gonna ...")

Wish you all the best for application process ... (The game is still ON, isn't it?)

Regards,

Yogi

PS: All Testmagicians drive me crazy some way or other (in a +ve sense, though). [Red]Hats off to Erin...