Urch Forums

620 - 2nd attempt Score reduced from 640 t0 620. Please suggest

nsambit

Guys, i feel really disheartened. now. in my first attempt, scored 640(q50,v25)

and after 1 month rescheduled the exam and got 620(q48,v27).

Please suggest what i need to do to improve on my verbal part, i feel i am being killed in that section. And also with this score i am applying for boston college/carlson. can some one highlight will this reduced score be a very negative effect or its ok. Also i am planing to retake the exam in Jan/Feb, and apply to top 10 schools after that(probably have to reschedule my target to next year)

Your comments/advises, most welcome.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Nsambit,

Obviously, you need a bit of time to improve your verbal. A few suggestions on what you might do. Buy Princeton Review - its english is basic and it'll give you tips to start from the basics. No use practicing more if fundamentals are shaky. Check out the review of "Dahcrap". He's just finished his GMAT, his english was weak and he built it up bottom to top. That'll give you insight.

Then decide whats more important, that you start school this year or you start school whichever year but its a top 10, 20 or 30 one...

Good Luck