Urch Forums

from 370 ----- 520 (Q46/V16)

Hey guys,

I hvn't been an active member of this forum but has been following up with the new developments very closely. I am an Indian guy with engineering background and work-ex of 4 yrs!

Here is my sad little story :(:

1st attempt : 370 (Q31/V12).... completely disastrous. I was thinking I was doing okay in verbal but the result was totally different! Math part was unbelievable too. My AWA score was 4.

2nd attempt (after a gap of 40 days): 520 (Q46/V16).... I thought I would be scoring higher in verbal (scored 30 and 32 on GMATPrep exams, and 26, 27, 27, 26, 29 and 28 on the MGMAT tests) and my actual verbal section didn't go that bad (except for the last 4 question which i had to just skim thorugh).

Before i was giving the 2nd shot, ppl told me that the max difference in the overall score can be of 40-50 points.... but i had an improvement of 150 points. Considering this factor, i hv decided to write the exam for the 3rd and final time.

Regarding improving my verbal skills... i hv done ALL the questions from OG11 (verbal) and also from the OG for verbal.... can someone suggest me some more books with lots of verbal questions :idea:?

Cheers!

Hasan

Wow!! You have done a lot. I believe in quality not quantity. Let’s me tell you something, if you can understand all concepts on OG for verbal you will get above 40 in verbal. However, the question is do you master all concepts in OG. If the answer is “yes” you should be fine. I believe the answer will be “no”. Therefore I suggest you to try your best to master all concepts in OG.

Hello Batman.... thanks for yr reply. talking abt the quantity/quality stuff, well i completely agree with u. i confess i dont hv great verbal skills, but i did manage to hv an approx. 75% accuracy on solving question from OGs (best SC and worst RC).

Both the times when i gave the GMAT exams, i felt the level of the verbal qestions in actual exam was much higher than that of the questions in OG :crazy:. Hence i was wondering if there can be some other verbal material (like Kaplan etc) which someone can suggest?

Hasan

Wow!! You have done a lot. I believe in quality not quantity. Let’s me tell you something, if you can understand all concepts on OG for verbal you will get above 40 in verbal. However, the question is do you master all concepts in OG. If the answer is “yes” you should be fine. I believe the answer will be “no”. Therefore I suggest you to try your best to master all concepts in OG.

Hey,

Success is not defined on wht u've achieved compared to others, but how much better u have done than before. And u truly rock!! From 370 to 520..150 points!! simply awesome.just keep the momentum going.And if u r from India and follow IPL, just take the example of Rajasthan Royals...

Summing up by saying..some people succeed because of thier talent, but most succeed because of thier determination...