Urch Forums

Very sad 620 Q49 V26

Queen09

Just came back .. scored very low ..

Feeling extremely bad..

What went wrong?

Quant was wasy ..anyone can score 49 to 50.

On my break before verbal, when I came back to the test area the instructor hurridely said "come fast , 9 mins are gone" ,...and I thought 9 mins of the test time are gone. Started the verbal section in a rush and I belive got all initial questions wrong.

Whatever, I don't know what to do next.

Queen

It happens. the last time I screwed up too.

Just a bad day. this is not the end.!!

Keep your sipits up. Relax a few days and then come back and bang the Verbal.

We have great people here on the forum and you are already at advantage because of your Quant Skills. just focus on verbal and conquer it!!

It seems that you need to allow 31 days.

'You may take the GMAT® exam once every 31 calendar days and no more than five (5) times in a rolling 12-month period. If you score an 800 on the exam, you will be prohibited from testing for five (5) years from your exam date.'

Man .. I think everybody was expecting a 700 + for you

More than anything I think your score brought my confidence down.

Hey come on, not end of the world right. Give it again .

Why do you think u got so low on verbal. Did you have a hunch that it was not going good.

Man .. I think everybody was expecting a 700 + for you

More than anything I think your score brought my confidence down.

Hey come on, not end of the world right. Give it again .

Why do you think u got so low on verbal. Did you have a hunch that it was not going good.

During the break I was just gathering myself saying "now starts the real battle" (as my verbal was is weakest area). " and then as I said due to some misinterpretation from my side I thought I am 9 mins late. Anxiety shot up. I just rushed through first few questions and probably got them wrong.

bhole ~ you are doing well Don't worry. BE VERY CALM while taking test. I was my bad day.

620 is a score anybody can get even without studying.

I am feeling dumb :(

Queen09 - Let me give you a piece of information that can probably help you. During the exam, the exam center coordinator or whoever it is who signs you out and into the test room should not "misguide/misdirect" or for that matter even guide/direct you in anything related to the exams, except the basic "to do" rules related to the "general" test procedure. This is definitely against the laws, although I am not sure if this is listed specifically anywhere. I am not sure if you could call up GMAT center and explain your position and am not even sure if this will help you since you dont have a concrete proof that the test coordinator said "come soon..." to you. But you can try a shot if you feel so...If you are lucky, your last GMAT chance will be forfeited...all the best...

Guys - any thoughts in this direction?

thanks for the encouraging words...I feel like confidence is the key. Anyway so when are you planning to give it again. BTW I would doubt that you ever got 26 in verbal, even on your practice right.

Seriously, If it was some competitive exam in india I would be worried, because it comes only once or twice a yr. GMAT No worries. Prepare another month, give it again .

Queen09 - Let me give you a piece of information that can probably help you. During the exam, the exam center coordinator or whoever it is who signs you out and into the test room should not "misguide/misdirect" or for that matter even guide/direct you in anything related to the exams, except the basic "to do" rules related to the "general" test procedure. This is definitely against the laws, although I am not sure if this is listed specifically anywhere. I am not sure if you could call up GMAT center and explain your position and am not even sure if this will help you since you dont have a concrete proof that the test coordinator said "come soon..." to you. But you can try a shot if you feel so...If you are lucky, your last GMAT chance will be forfeited...all the best...

Guys - any thoughts in this direction?

I think she was trying to help by saying "9 mins of your break is gone" .. I misinterpreted it. Moreover, I was foolish enough to not look at the clock. I just got too rushed to up to pick the pace.

thanks for the encouraging words...I feel like confidence is the key. Anyway so when are you planning to give it again. BTW I would doubt that you ever got 26 in verbal, even on your practice right.

Seriously, If it was some competitive exam in india I would be worried, because it comes only once or twice a yr. GMAT No worries. Prepare another month, give it again .

Will retake for sure. Don't know when. Not in a state to think right now.

... that's the only relief..imagine if this was CAT ??

Lets see how my AWA turns out.

Sorry to hear this.

You shud have looked at the time.Also when taking a break,take the cellphone/stopwatch to track time.

Anyway it is over.Relax for a day or 2.

When do u plan to attend school? If you are planning for Fall 09,you better take it by Nov 15th so that you would have sufficient time to work on the apps.I know it is difficult to get slots over there.

i think u shudn't delay.

at ur situation one should give an exam as early as possible.

but they have a month one rule. so stick to it. stick to it.

i am telling from my personal experience.

last year I got a 680 on march 27th. The best strategy was to give the exam within a month. But I delayed and it has been almost an year I haven't given the exam. Of course my needs and motivation level changed, but that can happen to anybody.

since u know it was a bad day, and all u need is to maintain ur preparation level, just go ahead. take a date. one monthe from now.

Hi Queen09,

I can assure you that I look forward to your Quant explanations in this forum. Also, there's no way you can get 620. Just give a repeat exam (GMATPREP preferably) and take a test date. I'm sure you'll do well.

Man! I cannot believe this. I wonder what will happen to me :(