Urch Forums

1450 (Verbal: 670, Quant:780)

Cuento

It was a rewarding Valentines for me :grad:

Total: 1450

Verbal: 670

Quant: 780

The person I loved now got a boyfriend few weeks ago and that's not me. I was depressed for past few weeks and couldn't find myself studying at all. I was going to flunk this exam until yesterday when I decided to fight back. Fight back and get her back some day.

So here goes my story:

Prelims:

Not even a handkerchief is allowed inside test room. Surveillance cameras make you a celebrity there. Passport may be necessary for some nations. Bring originals of ID proof (passport, driver's license). Do not bring any stationery items, pencils and scrap paper will be provide by the test center. Do not write on scrap paper during break. Raise your hand if you need some help.

Pack in some fruit juice (I got myself carrot+orange blend = instant gratification with no added sugar), water (your body is 70% water), go bananas (stress relieving factor). No chocolates as I hate sugar.

Analytical part:

The issue part was easy and argument part is always super easy. Hit with a knack for scrutiny and you will devour the beast.

Break;

Drank juice blend, then water and then banana and then again juice, banana and water. Petty trivialities.:p

Verbal Part:

The antonyms part was the easiest one, at the end I got some really easy ones. Just do barrons wordlist and Mygretutor's vocabulary coach.

Analogies were good too, I did some mistakes for sure.

Sentence completion, some questions were tough.

Reading comprehension, the most boring part and I got a sociological part, pretty long at that. Skimmed through it and dashed towards subsequent questions.

Expected above 600

Quant Part:

Quant questions were different from what I have learned or seen anywhere. I didn't get a single question on probability and combinations. No pie charts or graphs. But frikkin median, average charts...what the hapless ? Guessed that particular question and moved on.

Also notice that if you do not get the solution to a problem then do the back substitution to satisfy the condition in question. It worked for me for a seemingly unsolvable stubborn question.

Get familiar with pythagores theorem, trianlge area, triangle inside semi circle. You can get all of them combined.

Most of the quantitative questions had the answers as C.

Guessed the second last question, it was on percentages and I was left with some 2 minutes. Last one seemed to be pretty easy.

Done and then a research section, issue was tough. I wrote whatever came to my mind.

Then the clarion sounded for the final surprise. I had to either cancel the test or see the result. I was pretty sure that I was gonna be below 700 in quant. Closed my eyes and remembered the name of my love, proceeded with the click. I couldn't believe that I got 780 in quant :D Verbal was not a surprise.

Keep your concepts strong for maths and use your mind. There are always simple ways to do the things. Don't get stuck on one problem for significant amount of time. It may cost you later.

Lastly, I want to thank all the members here for keeping me motivated and focused through the thick and thin though I may forget to mention everyone's name, pradon me for that.

Thanks to chrishmagoosh, wasleys, Erin, NDure, slashragnarock, heckopecko, riyad, goguma, kamakshi, sbburnsi and everyone else who is a part of this forum.