Urch Forums

Dec 4th: Verbal 510, Quant 740

LV

Hello people I gave my GRE today and really @#$% up everything. I got very different score from my PowerPrep. In my first PP I got 400 in verbal and 710 in quant. But in my second PP I got 640 in Verbal and 720 in quant .........but on actual GRE I made a mess of the verbal and got 510 in verbal :( and in quant 740. Now I may have to give it again if I dont get admission anywhere ....... had I got what I was getting in PowerPrep..........:( ... please give me your suggestion guys should I retake the test ........ I want to do masters or PHD from a US university in 40th to 50th rank but with some financial assistence the other big problem is my extremely low GPA, its 2.61 ......ahhh considering all this should I retake the test.........Erin !!! anyone !!! help please

Hi LV,

dont be disappointed!!! this kind of thing happens. sumtimes luck just dont go our way. But you should try univs between 40th and 60th rank also safe univs like case western reserve and villanova. sumbdy even suggested me after I got 700 in Q, a univ. Vanderbilt and also try IIT, chicago.

dont worry dude, your scores rnt bad, although GPA may coz problem.

but give it a try and pray to god coz he decides whtever happen at the end.

Best of Luck :-)))))

Vinay

therez just no point in retaking GRE after this period...it makes the application process delayed and chances might get imperiled. Apply to schools based on yur credentials. If you dont get an admit in a school of yur choice, then think of retaking GRE. Yur GPA also seems pretty less, and many univs in US require a min GPA of 3.0. Hence, you need to consider all these factors bfore choosing to app to a school !

Actually, yr score isnt bad...itz a decent score and you can easily land in a good school(hope yr GPA doesnt come in the way !)

cheerz !

Well thanks vinay and sunxcat, hmmm I will go with the application process now and see if I get lucky......Otherwise will retake GRE to try again for the next fall....Some one told me that GRE CS can help a lot in getting admissions ..... ohhh god but it must be very difficult. Thank you again

have you registered urself for the exam on 13th dec coz after tht the exam will only take place next year in november. if you havnt registered thn you cant do it now I think as dates for registeration r passed.

abt difficulty, hmmm I will not say tht its difficult but yes it requires a comprehensive preparation but questions r of regular type if you have knowledge of a topic. it requires time to prepare for it as subject content is huge.

If you have registered for test thn just go ahead and give it. A good score in it will only help you and not do any harm. atleast 2 dedicated months of preparation can give a gr8 score. thts wht I think.

Hey LV,

Taking the AGRE is alwayz gonna b helpful !! never a loss ! Take yur time in deciding, once decided for it, giv it a clean shot !

Studying yur curriculum or rather revising them will alwayz b helpful to u, thtz logical, rite ??!! even if you r searching for a job, this prep would b of high assistance !

And whether yur AGRE will compensate yur low gpa,etc. depends on the grad schools you r apping to. Some univs. require AGRE, some dont tht they jus dont take them as a major criterion in their selection process !

When you take up something that will help you , and you dont lose anything , itz better to go for it !

All the best !!!