Urch Forums

Unlucky score of 99 vs. min.requirement of 100 on TOEFL IBT

ayaz657

Hello Dears,

I need your help. I aim to apply into Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) master program on Corporate Finance on December for 2014 fall intake. For this purpose, I have taken TOEFL IBT a few times to meet English Language Requirement put by SSE and in my last attempt unfortunately I scored overall 99 (R-28, L-26, S-20, W-25) which is one point less that minimum requirement. I wonder that what is my chance of getting admitted into SSE with this score? Or should I retake the test? I have already taken this test a few times and I am really tired of taking it again and again. Additionally, I'm preparing for GMAT and I have only two and half month for preparation and it is very difficult challenge to get good score on GMAT due to fact that average GMAT for SSE admission is being around 700 each year. Therefore, I personally don't want to take this test again. Alternatively, there is an option to request rescore from ETS for a fee of 80$ for each section. What do you think about rescoring? Do you think that it can work and they can give one additional point to reach to my target of 100? Your responses and help by sharing your experiences will be very valuable for me. Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Regards,

Ayaz657

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ayaz657,

How are you? Your reading and listening score is pretty good. Congrats :). Can please suggest me some tips on reading and listening section. I recently gave my TOEFL exam but i am not confident on getting good score in reading and listening. I did lot of listening practice and was pretty confident, but when i gave my exam i didn't do well. And i am planning to study MS in Finance. TOEFL requirement is 79. But i need to get more than that.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Anju