Urch Forums

Got my TOEFL score

anju21

Hi,

I got my TOEFL scores today. And i am not happy with my score. I got very low score in reading. This was my second attempt. First time i had scored 16 on reading. Below is my current score.

Reading- 10

Listening-18

Speaking-26

Writing-22

Please suggest me some tips to score at-least 5 to 6 points more on reading, 4 to 5 points on listening. Please suggest me any websites for reading. I practice listening from Free English Tests for ESL/EFL, TOEFL®, TOEIC®, SAT®, GRE®, GMAT®. And i recently purchased Cambridge preparation for the TOEFL test. It has 7 practice tests. I have 17 days for my next TOEFL test.

I really appreciate for your valuable tips and suggestions.

Waiting for your reply,

Thank you,

Anju

hey there,

did you give toefl on 19th october?

about reading, did you check strategies from notefull.com?

Hi,

I got my TOEFL scores today. And i am not happy with my score. I got very low score in reading. This was my second attempt. First time i had scored 16 on reading. Below is my current score.

Reading- 10

Listening-18

Speaking-26

Writing-22

Please suggest me some tips to score at-least 5 to 6 points more on reading, 4 to 5 points on listening. Please suggest me any websites for reading. I practice listening from Free English Tests for ESL/EFL, TOEFL®, TOEIC®, SAT®, GRE®, GMAT®. And i recently purchased Cambridge preparation for the TOEFL test. It has 7 practice tests. I have 17 days for my next TOEFL test.

I really appreciate for your valuable tips and suggestions.

Waiting for your reply,

Thank you,

Anju

Hi hk patel,

Thanks for you reply. Yes i gave it on 19th oct. And yes i had gone through the notefull.com for all the 4 sections. 2 days before test i took testden practice tests, first test was pretty good but last 2 tests were horrible, which made me to lose my confidence on reading section.

When is your test? How are you preparing?

Thanks a lot,

Anju

Hi Anju,

i had my exam on 19 th October also. However, I did not get my score yet. I had called to ETS and they told me that they hold my score for survey or investigation purpose. They did not even tell me that how many days they will take to release my score. I am just tired of this. I have given exam three times before. I cleared the reading, listening and writing parts. just need to get speaking score. and i was pretty sure to get 26 this time but now i got stuck.

I had referred notefull strategies in depth. You need to go through it in advanced. Moreover,try to give reading exams from different books. I am sure you will make it.

Thanks for you reply. Yes i gave it on 19th oct. And yes i had gone through the notefull.com for all the 4 sections. 2 days before test i took testden practice tests, first test was pretty good but last 2 tests were horrible, which made me to lose my confidence on reading section.

When is your test? How are you preparing?

Thanks a lot,

Anju

Hi hkpatel,

It may take 2 to 3 days for results and don't worry this time you will take 26 on speaking. Even i have taken 3 times before. I thought i'l get 23 on speaking but surprisingly i scored 26. And now i need to maintain the speaking score or get more to score more than 80-85. If you don't mind, may i know your reading score? All the best for your results.

Thank you,

Anju

Hi hkpatel,

It may take 2 to 3 days for results and don't worry this time you will take 26 on speaking. Even i have taken 3 times before. I thought i'l get 23 on speaking but surprisingly i scored 26. And now i need to maintain the speaking score or get more to score more than 80-85. If you don't mind, may i know your reading score? All the best for your results.

Thank you,

Anju

Hi Anju,

I got 19, 24 and 20 in reading in three exams..