Urch Forums

Pheww...Tension Over!

zagcollins

Keeping it short and sweet...

Written IELTS before (scored an 8) which is much simpler. TOEFL is tougher, albeit not really tough as such.

Test Day: Let me be honest. I get all jittery during exams and tend to under perform. This time it was no different, plus was writing an exam for the first time in 2.5 years. I needed a minimum of 106 on the test (yeah, want to enroll in a fine arts program).

PLEASE reach early. This point cannot be emphasized enough. DO NOT reach late. Also, this is for South-East Asians (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan) - You need the Passport. READ instructions carefully. I know we are young, but doesn't mean we need to be stupid too. A student turned up with his driver's licence, was sent back home to get it. He lived 45 minutes away :blue:

Anyway, back to the point, started fifteen minutes early. Got frustrated with RC section. Got 2 science topics and 1 art topic. Felt like running away but continued.

For the listening section, please note - you can get anywhere between 34-51 questions. Practice tests (I know only about ETS and Cambridge) have only 34. I was about to get up for the break when the moderator frantically started pointing at the screen - passage no. 7 had started!!! Plus for some reason,despite being dressed comfortably, I had mild fever!

Speaking is easy but I thought I mucked up 'cause I spoke sh**. On one of the passages, I supported point 1 and gave reasons in favor of point 2 :playful:. Been conversing in English in all my life, and yet...In fact, I struggle with native languages much more than I do with English.

Writing is the easiest part, so don't worry. Think of it as a yoga session where you need to think calmly and type!

Waited anxiously for 10 days as I knew that I hadn't performed to potential. Got my scores yesterday night.

R: 27

L: 28

S: 28

W: 28

Total: 111 (Nelson)

Phew...am glad it's over. Any tips about studying, please reply to this thread or PM me...will reply in about 12 hours worst case.

All the best, may the force be with you! :eager:

Hi,

Congrats.. its a really good score wow... :), Can you please give me some tips regrading reading and listening section :). I am taking TOEFL exam on Dec 6th. Last test i got reading-10 and listening-18, speaking-26, writing- 22.

I need to improve on reading and listening. I am following notefull.com tips and strategies.

Thanks a lot,

Anju

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Congrats.. its a really good score wow... :), Can you please give me some tips regrading reading and listening section :). I am taking TOEFL exam on Dec 6th. Last test i got reading-10 and listening-18, speaking-26, writing- 22.

I need to improve on reading and listening. I am following notefull.com tips and strategies.

Thanks a lot,

Anju

Hi!

How did you perform in your test?

Im taking the test this 25 of january, im soooo nervous about the reading part because i consider myself a slow reader and also i usually have anxiety attacks so slow reading + anxiety=not good haha

Any advice? Tutorial, class, whatever will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Keeping it short and sweet...

Written IELTS before (scored an 8) which is much simpler. TOEFL is tougher, albeit not really tough as such.

Test Day: Let me be honest. I get all jittery during exams and tend to under perform. This time it was no different, plus was writing an exam for the first time in 2.5 years. I needed a minimum of 106 on the test (yeah, want to enroll in a fine arts program).

PLEASE reach early. This point cannot be emphasized enough. DO NOT reach late. Also, this is for South-East Asians (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan) - You need the Passport. READ instructions carefully. I know we are young, but doesn't mean we need to be stupid too. A student turned up with his driver's licence, was sent back home to get it. He lived 45 minutes away :blue:

Anyway, back to the point, started fifteen minutes early. Got frustrated with RC section. Got 2 science topics and 1 art topic. Felt like running away but continued.

For the listening section, please note - you can get anywhere between 34-51 questions. Practice tests (I know only about ETS and Cambridge) have only 34. I was about to get up for the break when the moderator frantically started pointing at the screen - passage no. 7 had started!!! Plus for some reason,despite being dressed comfortably, I had mild fever!

Speaking is easy but I thought I mucked up 'cause I spoke sh**. On one of the passages, I supported point 1 and gave reasons in favor of point 2 :playful:. Been conversing in English in all my life, and yet...In fact, I struggle with native languages much more than I do with English.

Writing is the easiest part, so don't worry. Think of it as a yoga session where you need to think calmly and type!

Waited anxiously for 10 days as I knew that I hadn't performed to potential. Got my scores yesterday night.

R: 27

L: 28

S: 28

W: 28

Total: 111 (Nelson)

Phew...am glad it's over. Any tips about studying, please reply to this thread or PM me...will reply in about 12 hours worst case.

All the best, may the force be with you! :eager:

:pig: