Urch Forums

PLEASE RATE MY ESSAY

officialnaj

Some students like classes where teachers lecture. Others prefer classes where they can do some of the talking. Which type of class do you prefer?

Although the way of studying by lectures is internationally accepted, I am prone to think that the class where students communicate among each other is a lot more efficient way of study. To be more specific, during live discussions students become more independent individuals. In addition, talking with each other provides a great opportunity to correct each other’s mistakes. After all, the professor also needs some help, so, discussing together an issue, means supporting him in a perfect way.

First of all, class discussions have an ambiguous influence; those can be both, class subjects or life lessons. To clarify, it is the best way of getting mature, which is the most important way of becoming someone with perspective viewpoint. For example, imagine, that you are in a class where the professor does nothing but giving a lecture. The consequence is that everyone is getting bored and the class is like a ‘’dead’’ environment. It is not an efficient way of study, because most students do not participate, and even are given an opportunity to take a nap. To sum up, when people arrange live talking among each other during a class, they understand the topic better, as well as do it in an enjoyable way.

Another example is that, when there are equal rights for students to talk, they can learn on each other’s mistakes. To be more specific, there is a system called give-me-a-feedback which is a great assistance for students. With the help of this system students teach each other, and learn from each other’s mistakes. For example, my classmates and I were used to checking each other’s essays and giving feedbacks, when we were preparing for TOEFL exam. To conclude, it is not easy to recognize your mistakes, on the other hand, it is easier to see the other people’s flows, and learn on them.

Last but not least, it is also worth mentioning that there is also a need to help a professor. To clarify, as professors are also human beings, and like everyone else, they are also able to get exhausted, sometimes there is a need to support them. For instance, when doing nothing, but giving a lecture, the professor is more likely to get tired. On the other hand, when there are some students who work parallel to the professor; providing class with some extra information from the Internet or different kinds of sources, they can be the best supporters of a professor. To shut it all in a nutshell, when cooperating with a professor and other students, it becomes easier to find a wider range of information in order to make a lesson better, and which is equally important, to give a hand to the already tired professor.

Thus, taking into consideration the aforementioned reasons, we can arrive at a conclusion, that the class with alive environment is better, than the one with ‘’dead’’ atmosphere and not interested students.