Urch Forums

109 iBT - Got my TOEFL iBT Scores today

Hi divyasarathy

Congratulations. you got a good score. Could you please tell me what books did you use to prepare? What sites did you practise? could you please give me some tips about the test especially speaking, how to speak, to speak fast or slow etc.

i would apprecite your help.

Thank you

I followed only 'Princeton Review' book. It is a great book and is more than enough to help you prepare for TOEFL iBT completely. They have one practice test on a CDROM. That and the one available on ETS website are really helpful. I took the practice tests a few days before the exams. So I had enough time to correct my mistakes and concentrate on areas where I was a little weak. As for reading, just keep practising from different books and do practice tests. You might get 5 passages in the exam and you dont know which is going to be graded...so save ur energy and do all passages giving equal important to each one. For the speaking section, just keep thinking of new topics or questions and try to speak whenever you get time everyday. Do lots of practice tests. During the exam, keep your paper and pen ready. As the question is being read out, start taking writing down some KEYWORDS one after the other. So when its time to speak, just look at the keywords and form sentences and just go with the flow. You must practice this technique every day. Try to write an essay everyday...Writing section is not at all difficult. Listening section is up to you. Its easy and you can do it. Hope this was helpful.

All the best!!

• 2 weeks later...
I followed only 'Princeton Review' book. It is a great book and is more than enough to help you prepare for TOEFL iBT completely. They have one practice test on a CDROM. That and the one available on ETS website are really helpful. I took the practice tests a few days before the exams. So I had enough time to correct my mistakes and concentrate on areas where I was a little weak. As for reading, just keep practising from different books and do practice tests. You might get 5 passages in the exam and you dont know which is going to be graded...so save ur energy and do all passages giving equal important to each one. For the speaking section, just keep thinking of new topics or questions and try to speak whenever you get time everyday. Do lots of practice tests. During the exam, keep your paper and pen ready. As the question is being read out, start taking writing down some KEYWORDS one after the other. So when its time to speak, just look at the keywords and form sentences and just go with the flow. You must practice this technique every day. Try to write an essay everyday...Writing section is not at all difficult. Listening section is up to you. Its easy and you can do it. Hope this was helpful.

All the best!

Congratulation,

I have to do TOEFL IBT as soon as possible but I'completely unfamiliar with the process. First of all I'm not a computer type and that's why I want to know which books I can use to prepare for the exam, Because I need high score too.

I saw you've mentioned some " Prinston review" book and which book from ETS you get , could you please explain more about them , where did you order them and how long it takes to get them.

Congratulation,

I have to do TOEFL IBT as soon as possible but I'completely unfamiliar with the process. First of all I'm not a computer type and that's why I want to know which books I can use to prepare for the exam, Because I need high score too.

I saw you've mentioned some " Prinston review" book and which book from ETS you get , could you please explain more about them , where did you order them and how long it takes to get them.

You can buy the book online on Barnesandnoble.com or amazon.com. They ship very fast. After you register for the TOEFL, you can go to the ETS website and register for the online Practice test. It is very useful. This forum also has a couple of practice tests. Just do them after you finish the preparations.

Good Luck to you!

Hi divyasarathy,

Thanks for your useful tips.

I have a question about Speaking part. Did u do any practice tests for speaking part? Did you find your mistakes by your own or Is there anyone who evaluated that?

Also, can u please let me know how many hrs/day did u prepare for your test? and how long did it take you to practice before your exam?

I have given my test before but I didnt get in reading and speaking. How did you do you reading practice? any strategies for reading passages?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey...i gave the IBT ON Aug 18...and its been 15 days since my exam is over and i dont have the slightest idea on how to check my score?

will i recieve it through mail or??

please help me on that....because am really petrified about the score......

u CAN CHK UR SCORE ONLINE

JUST OPEN DA SAME SITE FROM WHERE U REGISTERED FOR TOEFL

• 1 month later...
You can buy the book online on Barnesandnoble.com or amazon.com. They ship very fast. After you register for the TOEFL, you can go to the ETS website and register for the online Practice test. It is very useful. This forum also has a couple of practice tests. Just do them after you finish the preparations.

Good Luck to you

this is for apeksha :)