Urch Forums

9 August Toefl iBT Speaking and Writing question, please :D

.zin.

pls could someone clarify this issue..

l read from someones mail that he/she got the internship license from michigan with the score of 26 in speaking. l was wondering about the possibilities of the michigan board using the old rule of overall 80 in the toefl...

does anyone know about this

pls clarify

these are the questions from August 8, 2008

Speaking 1--which is ur favourite subject in academics and why do u like it

Speaking 2-- Where do u like vacationing , in city or in country side

Writing---- is science necessary for all students in a university??

i wonder what internet-based toefl has anything to do with english or internet!!!

In reading it tests ur grasping power, in listening it tests how fast u can scribble down the points on paper, in speaking it tests how much u can blah...blah...., and in writing it is testing how much crap u can fill in 300-word essay, !!!! all this which happen to be in english!! thats it! and what has internet to do with any of this only GOD knows!!!

by know u guyz might have undstood that i screwed up my test!! u r absolutely right!!

at least i hope the questions would of some help for u.......

good luck all of u....

i wonder what internet-based toefl has anything to do with english or internet!!!

In reading it tests ur grasping power, in listening it tests how fast u can scribble down the points on paper, in speaking it tests how much u can blah...blah...., and in writing it is testing how much crap u can fill in 300-word essay, !!!! all this which happen to be in english!! thats it! and what has internet to do with any of this only GOD knows!!!

good luck all of u....

You are perfectly right in all you have said.

I totally agree with you....

Good luck in your future, no matter what...[clap]

best of luck for ur toefl ibt, but u need to expect some very very boring passages in reading, so boring that u cannot understand a bit of them...... and very lengthy and uninteresting lectures in the listening sections, be prepared for the worse because it is about to happen in toefl, thats how it is. ..... i guess speaking and writing are the easiest ......dont worry abt them ...just be urself and u can do them well

just try to finish the easy questions in reading first even without reading the passage....like...... some x word is closest in meaning to ....these questions u can easily answere without reading the passage, just try to answer all such questions in the first 1 minute or 1.5 minutes, then read the passage quickly and with total concentration once, then answer remaining questions.... if u can do this u can do very well .....

even in listening u need to listen in total concentration and note down very clearly whatever little u note down ...so clearly that u can understand when u look at it later... dont just scribble something and waste ur time later figuring out what it could be .......

just go with a positive mind and have a good night sleep the day before, u dont neeed to use any great words in the speaking or writing....dont need to mug anything ....simple english works ! coz toefl is not abt english!!! dont worry abt it....