Urch Forums

Some basic marketing concepts

kronique

Basic concepts of marketing ----- (as explained by an IIM prof.)

1. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go upto her and say: " I am very rich. Marry me !".

------------ Thats " Direct Marketing"

2. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go upto her & get her phone no.. The next day u call & say:" I am very rich. Marry me !".

------------ Thats " Tele-marketing"

3.You're at a party with a bunch of friends & see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes upto her & says: " He's am very rich. Marry him !".

---------------- Thats " Advertising"

4. You're at a party & see a gorgeous girl. You get up, straighten your tie, walk upto her& pour her a drink. You then open the car-door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her ride & then say: " By the way, I'm very rich. Will you marry me !".

---------------- Thats " Public Relations"

5. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks upto you and says: " You are very rich. Will you marry me !".

-------------------- Thats " Brand Recognition"

6. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go upto her and say: " I am very rich. Marry me !".. She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.

--------------------Thats " Customer feedback"

7. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go upto her and say: " I am very rich. Marry me !".And she introduces you to her husband.

------------------- Thats " Demand & Supply"

8. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go upto her and before you say anything. another person comes and tells her "" I am very rich. Will you marry me !".and she goes with him.

-----------------Thats " Competition eating into your market share"

9. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go upto her and before you say : " I am very rich. Marry me !"., Your wife arrives.

------------------- Thats "Restriction for entering new markets"

• Like 1