Urch Forums

MBA or Stats Masters/Econ Masters

silax1

Hi Everyone,

I'm mulling around my options for graduate school and I'm settling on either an MBA or a Stats/Econ masters. I am very interested in a career in economic forecasting -- which is why I want the stat/econ masters -- but the employment opportunities, upward mobility, and $$$$ for MBA graduates seem to be much better.

Can anyone out there give any insight relating to the career opportunities of an MBA graduate versus a Stat/Econ masters gradute who would like to do forecasting?

Thanks URCH!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

The MBA will be a more versatile degree and because of this, probably the best option. Since you are not sure exactly what you want to do, the MBA degree will allow you the option of continuing in economic forecasting or even switching sectors completely to pharma or marketing. So by just going off of what you wrote here, the MBA is the winner when it comes to which degree will be most beneficial to you. For a full comprehensive free consultation, add us on Skype at username admissions_essay_advice

Hope this helps,

Admissions Advice Online

• 1 month later...
Can't speak directly to someone looking into forecasting as a concentration, but based on my own personal experience, an MBA is definitely the way to go. These days, an MBA holds as much weight as a Bachelor's degree did 10 years ago in terms of employment and job-seeking. Unless you are dead set on economic forecasting, I'd increase your future career options by pursuing an MBA. I got mine from Babson College in Boston and it was the best career move I could've made.

• 2 months later...

[TABLE=width: 350]

[TR]

[TD]B.Tech Punjab - Are you planning to take admission in B tech colleges in India? Choose Aryans Group of Colleges in Chandigarh Punjab which is approved by the AICTE and affiliated to PTU (Punjab technical University)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 350]

[TR]

[TD]B.Tech Punjab - Are you planning to take admission in B.tech course? Choose Aryans Group of Colleges in Chandigarh Punjab which is approved by the AICTE and affiliated to PTU (Punjab technical University)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]