Urch Forums

Please evaluate my chance & schools

jay711

I'm applying to b-school, but no sure which ones I have higher chance. Please help evaluate my chanes.

Here is my profile.

GPA: 3.72 (Top of the class) B.Sc. Computer Science

GMAT: 640 (V:28, Q:49)

WE: 11 years

- 3 years (Computer) in Thailand e.g. Price Waterhouse Cooper, Pepsi

- 3 years (Computer) in Singapore i.e. IBM

- 3 years (Computer) in the U.S. (ecommerce companies)

- 2 years own businesses in the U.S. (1. IT Consulting, 2. Importing of consumer products)

(Also run an online news website which create a lots of networking with many businessmen, politicians, famous singers/actors/actress, etc)

Education:

1. B.Sc. Computer Science GPA 3.72 - Thailand

2. B of Economics - Open U. Thailand (no class, study and take exam)

3. Graduate Diploma in Marketing - Part-time, Singapore (1-year degree)

Positives:

1. entrepreneur with 2 different businesses

2. lots of social works

3. international WE

4. high GPA

5. organize a fundraising party

6. organize an anti-government protest (good or bad)

Negatives:

1. Low GMAT and uneven split

2. Too old ??

P.S. I plan to take GMAT again, but not sure if I can get higher score.

Here are my questions:

1. For the current situation listed here, which schools or ranks that I have highest chance to apply for? (School Ranking listed below)

US News - http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/mba/brief/mbarank_brief.php

Business week - http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/05/geographic.htm

2. I plan not to include my education in Econ & Marketing in the application due to the GPA is low because the grading is different from normal GPA grading. Should I or should I not include them in the apps?

3. Is organizing the anti-governemnt protest a good or bad thing?

4. Is too much WE is good or bad things?

Thank you in advance for any kinds of advice & comment.

Jay

1. For the current situation listed here, which schools or ranks that I have highest chance to apply for? (School Ranking listed below)

US News - http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

Business week - http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/05/geographic.htm

I think you know where you stand with regard to GPA and GMAT and age. They are all public information from USnews. And yes, your GMAT is on the low side esp. in the V side. School will have a hard time taking someone with V being so low accompany by years of Quant jobs.

2. I plan not to include my education in Econ & Marketing in the application due to the GPA is low because the grading is different from normal GPA grading. Should I or should I not include them in the apps?

School will normalize your GPA and you should disclose them. In fact, in the application, its a violating of ethnic code for not disclosing. Of course, you yourself can be the judge of what is ethnical or not but be forewarned that there is a third-party verification process once admitted for most schools.

3. Is organizing the anti-governemnt protest a good or bad thing?

It is a good thing. Put it in.

4. Is too much WE is good or bad things?

Good if its 8 years

Thank you for the answer. I really apprecaite it.

School will normalize your GPA and you should disclose them. In fact, in the application, its a violating of ethnic code for not disclosing. Of course, you yourself can be the judge of what is ethnical or not but be forewarned that there is a third-party verification process once admitted for most schools.

Well, actually, I plan not to include my degree at all; not just the GPA. Is that ok?