I am a new entry to the long list of Indian IT applicants. I must acknowledge that your mails have been highly informative and i really appreciate the way you have been guiding so many candidates. May be you could find time to judge my chances for entry into some business schools.
I am currently completing my Computer Science Engg. from a reputed college in India and have a grade point average of 8.5 (on a scale of 10). I am into final year and will be completing my Bachelors in Engineering in June 2005. I was hoping that if i can make into some good B-schools for courses beginning after that. I havent given the GMAT as yet but plan to give it in near future and i think i can manage a score of 740 or more. In my college i have been offered a job by two companies, 1. IBM Global Services and 2. Infosys Techonlogies. Though both the jobs are good and i can join any firm but i wish to go into management and try my luck if i can get an entry into some good b-schools.
I have been very good at extra-curriculurs all through my studies, I am a brown belt in Karate and have national level Gold medal in that. I have won state-level and district-level science fair in school for developin a model of future town. I am a good player of cricket and our team has won number of tournaments at college level. I have keen interest in dramatics and have won number of prizes in same. As far as my leadership and organizational skills are concerend, I have been secretary and joint secretary of Dramatics comiitee and i have also served my school as house captain. I have also done my bit in charity work, i gave free tutions to poor and needy children. We opened a social organization that collected money from people and donated them to larger social groups.
Actually I have number of queries, u can feel free to answer any of them which you like (though i would be very happy if you answer all). So here goes.
1. Since I have no industry experience at all, other than my internship training (which wasnt from very reputed organization, but i got good work), is it even logical on my part to think of getting into some good business school. Is it really necessary to have work experience. Should i even apply as a fresher, can it have any disadvantages in future if I reapply.
2. I have not given GMAT as yet (and havent started the preaption also ), what should be latest possible time when i should give the GMAT to hope to have a chance of admissions into courses beggining after june 2005. And most importantly which b-schools should i aim for ( i would not mind going to top non-us schools as well).
3. How much will a 2 year experience at IBM Global Services boost my chances of getting into Top-10 b-schools. I mean that should i wait for two years and then apply or do i stand a chance this time as well.
4. I would also like to avail some of your services, but as i am very new to this thouht of joining a business school i donot have much knowledge. if you can give me an insight on that too, you can contact me on my email id email@example.com.
5. Finally, do i have a chance in top-20 B-schools.
I really thank all the people who have reached this far reading this mail and are still awake. You really do have a lot of patience. I will be eagerly waiting for a reply.