Urch Forums

my profile

tbroker

Basically I would like to know my chances at top MBA schools...which ones I have a very good chance at College - Upper/Middle first Tier Liberal Arts SchoolOverall GPA - 3.75Finance GPA - 3.7History GPA - 3.95GMAT - 710 three years experience at a very good investment bank on the finanical services team...handled ipo, seo, and m&aalso helped lead many adult literacy programs and intercity tutoringResearch Experience - RA for 2 years with not notable journalists but really good professors1 Year - Studying the effects of Alternate Risk Transfers in the insurance market and the benefits to the issuer and the issuee1 Year - Studying Socially Responsible Mutual Funds and their effect on the marketthanks a lot

You are in the generic ibank pool. A lot now depends on which lib. art school. Are you in a BB bank? leadership skills? background, are you white?

These factors will determine which school you will ended up. for Top 10 schools, you should be fine. For HSW, it depends.

I went to Boston College

I am not in a BB Bank but it is the top Middle Market Investment Bank.

I am a white male.

Leadership - I started a foundation for cystic fibrosis, I am very active in the community, I have been the lead analyst on my group for several transaction, I have headed up the recruting effort for the last two years, I am the first person in my family to go to college.

What is HSW?

What can I improve, since I have 1 year until I apply.

I really would like to got to Wharton or Harvard (typical, I know)

You are in the generic ibank pool. A lot now depends on which lib. art school. Are you in a BB bank? leadership skills? background, are you white?

These factors will determine which school you will ended up. for Top 10 schools, you should be fine. For HSW, it depends.

I went to Boston College

I am not in a BB Bank but it is the top Middle Market Investment Bank.

I am a white male.

Leadership - I started a foundation for cystic fibrosis, I am very active in the community, I have been the lead analyst on my group for several transaction, I have headed up the recruting effort for the last two years, I am the first person in my family to go to college.

What is HSW?

What can I improve, since I have 1 year until I apply.

I really would like to got to Wharton or Harvard (typical, I know)

White. Mid market bank. second tier school. Good leadership. avg GMAT. you will get in one of the M7.

HSW -> Harvard, Stanford, Wharton.

Wharton is earlier with your stat, stanford is slim, harvard is wildcard.

To improve your chance, go work for a PE firm or go to a BB bank. Or, if you are more advantagous, go for peace corp or some NGO in asia or africa.

M7 = top ten minus HSW?

I want to stay east, so Stanford doesnt matter but I so want Wharton and Harvard. I actually turned down Merrill Lynch for this Middle Market cos I would get so much for hands on experience. PE for me is a more after MBA thought and I respect the advantagous route but my fiance would not haha. So should I retake the GMAT to bump it up?

It really doesn't matter which extra as long as its something you have been involved with quite some time. Plus do something you like to do.

BTW... you are the same person as tbroker???? So pls make up your mind as for MBA or Phd. based on what I have read, mba is still better for you