Urch Forums

Dilemma

tamGmat

Hi GMATbong

My profile:

GMAT: 720, Indian IT male, 2.5 yrs work in Aricent, world best co for Telecom Software. Engineer from Univ of Delhi. 71.33%

I had applied to top 10 MBA progs last year and was rejected at all.

Now, I have an admit from Georgia Tech for MS in quant and comp finance

starting Jan 2008.

Should I join the course or apply for MBA/MFE Fall 08 admissions?

Also, if I join in Jan, I'll have to apply immediately for internships in summer.

I think, most of the banks have deadlines in Late Oct and Nov.

Do I have a realistic chance of getting an internship in a leading bank now.

How good is Gatech a brand in US? I know it is excellent for engineering but no clue about other things.

The positives it has for me are : Low fee, 16 months Vs 22 of MBA, good placements.

I spoke with current students too. They informed me that there are just 20 students in a batch and all get placed comfortably. Lots of alumni at Wall Street also.

Given the heavy losses reported by all banks, how is the scenario in US. Has recruitment been affected ?

Gatech is good but not top in the US. Yes, it is known for its engineering program and its polisci and law school than finance or business.

You might want to talk to alumni in wall st. key question, would they do this program versus MBA from a top school?

BTW, you are correct recruitment WILL BE affected for sure. To what extend? no one knows. Best strategy is to get in THE BEST school you can get in to.