Urch Forums

Passed NAPLEX but Failed MPJE in Texas

clautex

Hi,

I passed NAPLEX 2 months ago, however, failed MPJE in Texas by 5 points :(

I was wondering if somebody has a suggestion what books or online resources are useful to study for the MPJE exam in Texas? I had downloaded CD roms for Texas law (pharmacyexam.com) and studied Reiss/Hall 'Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law' (5th edition). I believed that I had passed but I didn't. Any other books you can recommend?

Thanks,

Claudia

I had tried pharmsuccess.com's review tests, they helped in understanding the exam norm. You will also benefit by concentrating more on federal portion than the state, exam is really 80% federal law and only about 20% state.

This time, give yourself about 4 weeks of rigorous preparation and practice as many questions as possible. 'luck!

Hi there,

I have been in the same boat as you were .

Cleared Naplex abut failed TX MPJE by 1 point .

I would suggest you go through lexis Law book and do all the questions.

I have given my exam scecond time and still waiting for results .

Has anyone felt the pain waiting for results in Texas, seems like every where else you get result sin 3 to 4 days here it takes weeks, It seems like for ever for me .

akuake15,

Thank you for the advice you gave regarding the Texas pharmacy association book. Never heard of it but consider purchasing it now:)

Good luck for your NAPLEX exam next week!!! I have posted a thread in January/Februray about the topics in my exam. It's been a while for me to remember the details. What stuck, however, is that I had a lot questions about antipsychotics and antidepressants and the usual high amount of calculations and lab data.

Keep my fingers crossed,

Claudia

I passed MPJE the first time I took it. I only studied for 1 week. I have this packet about 50 pages "single sided". All it has was questions and answers. On conversion of Control Subs. from C-II to CIII or C-IV, need to know drugs and conversion. Do u have any suggestions or materials on how to study for pharmacoeconomics?

I just got result today. I saw my name on the board. I passed tx mpje! Thanks everyone.

Congrats!

I dint recieve my results yet .

What do you mean by you saw your name on the board ? Is this TX board.

Where do we look for names? can you please let me know.

I am just worried, might have to read MPJE all over again and its been more than 3 weeks I dont have my results yet.

• 1 month later...
I passed MPJE the first time I took it. I only studied for 1 week. I have this packet about 50 pages "single sided". All it has was questions and answers. On conversion of Control Subs. from C-II to CIII or C-IV, need to know drugs and conversion. Do u have any suggestions or materials on how to study for pharmacoeconomics?

hey bobo coco, did you only study the packet? or did you have a book too? is there anyway you could share your packet?? I plan on taking the MPJE in a couple weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I passed NAPLEX 2 months ago, however, failed MPJE in Texas by 5 points :(

I was wondering if somebody has a suggestion what books or online resources are useful to study for the MPJE exam in Texas? I had downloaded CD roms for Texas law (pharmacyexam.com) and studied Reiss/Hall 'Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law' (5th edition). I believed that I had passed but I didn't. Any other books you can recommend?

Thanks,

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

sorry to hear abt your TX mpje. what do you think should be the right material for TX mpje. Thanks for input

• 3 months later...

Hi Cgozilla,

I took a 2nd chance at the end of September and gladly passed:) This time, I studied lots of MC questions, which was very helpful to cover all areas from different angles. I followed the suggestions of this thread and purchased LexisNexis Texas law book as well as combo packages of exams questions on the internet (pharmsuccess.com). Don't be afraid by the size of the Lexis book... certain chapters repeat itself due to the wording and I primarily concentrated on Pharmacy Practice and Controlled Substances. In the actual MPJE, I admit to not have seen many of those online sample questions, however, the content was the same and helpful to give the right answer. Be strong on controlled substances as I remember I had a fair amount of questions in my exam.

Good luck!

Clautex

Hi Cgozilla,

I took a 2nd chance at the end of September and gladly passed:) This time, I studied lots of MC questions, which was very helpful to cover all areas from different angles. I followed the suggestions of this thread and purchased LexisNexis Texas law book as well as combo packages of exams questions on the internet (pharmsuccess.com). Don't be afraid by the size of the Lexis book... certain chapters repeat itself due to the wording and I primarily concentrated on Pharmacy Practice and Controlled Substances. In the actual MPJE, I admit to not have seen many of those online sample questions, however, the content was the same and helpful to give the right answer. Be strong on controlled substances as I remember I had a fair amount of questions in my exam.

Good luck!

Clautex

Hey Clautex,

It must feel real good to have passed the darn thing. Good for ya! I'm wondering if u could pm me your email address where I could get hold of the MC/Practice questions you have. It would a great help. Thanks a bunch my friend.

• 4 weeks later...