Urch Forums

Pre NAplex (Share ur experience with Real Naplex)

seleen75

Hi

I have taken Pre Naplex for the first time yesterday... and I wanted to share some notes with you before I forgot them... And please everybody try to remember your experience and share it with us....

1) I have noticed that there was a lot of profiles ,,, but the normal lab values for all the values are there so I wonder if that is true.. is it the same in the Naplex... I am afraid that I would not memorize the values (lab values ) and they are not there....but they were there in all the Pre Naplex question ... Please let me know about your experiece

2) There are a lot of calculations ... and all kind of calculations... I meam all kind...From Morphine dose covnversion to Allegiation to Drop rate ...to MEq to Millimoles...to Some easy prportion math...BE careful a lot of times they will just give you a lot of extra floating information that you do not need ....There was questions where you have to type the result yourself....

3) There are question about Compounding ,,, so do I have to study compouding ... and where from ... please share your experience with last exams about compounding...in previous Naplexes

Ok that it is all the information that I can remember for now I will share more later...Please any responses will be appreciated

Seleen

Hi

I have taken Pre Naplex for the first time yesterday... and I wanted to share some notes with you before I forgot them... And please everybody try to remember your experience and share it with us....

1) I have noticed that there was a lot of profiles ,,, but the normal lab values for all the values are there so I wonder if that is true.. is it the same in the Naplex... I am afraid that I would not memorize the values (lab values ) and they are not there....but they were there in all the Pre Naplex question ... Please let me know about your experiece

2) There are a lot of calculations ... and all kind of calculations... I meam all kind...From Morphine dose covnversion to Allegiation to Drop rate ...to MEq to Millimoles...to Some easy prportion math...BE careful a lot of times they will just give you a lot of extra floating information that you do not need ....There was questions where you have to type the result yourself....

3) There are question about Compounding ,,, so do I have to study compouding ... and where from ... please share your experience with last exams about compounding...in previous Naplexes

Ok that it is all the information that I can remember for now I will share more later...Please any responses will be appreciated

Seleen

Hi Seleen75,

The actual naplex is pretty much the same. They really give you all the data but when you look at the question, there really is no relevance to the patient profile. But, in some of the math, there is no choice, you haave to put in the answer.

If you did good in the pre-naplex, then you'll make it in the actual exam.

Goodluck.

• 1 year later...
actually they dont always give u the normal values,, i mean sometimes they do but sometimes they dont,, the calculations in the exam are really easy ,, and almost all of the exam is profiles,, i just took the naplex last week and i passed thnx god :D