Urch Forums

pre-naplex

sheela

Hi everyone,

I got 60 in pre-naplex. I have done Apha once, Prontopass theory and calculations. I dont know what more I am missing. Can any one suggest me a study plan? I am working fulltime. Do you think that 1 more month preparation is enough?

Genuinely need help at this point. I dont know where I am going wrong. I need to get the license ASAP for financial reasons too.

HELP.

thanks,

Sheela

First, I would recommend finding what areas are your strength and weakness. I would first work on your weakness.

Second, set a schedule and try your best to meet your objectives. You should study 6-8 hours per day.

Third, set a date to take the exam now. I would say a month would be reasonable. If you have already set a date then there is pressure on you to meet your objectives by a certain time. A little pressure may do you well.

Forth, study hard but also get enough sleep!

Thanks Pega2010,

I really appreciate your advice. I will follow through. I am setting the date as per your advice the end of september 2010. that is a month. Will surely make a goal to study atleast 8 hours a day. I am making a study plan according to what you said. I have a problem how to find my weak areas? I am weak at 200 drugs and their side effects. I am weak at statistics. I need to study Apha again to brush up on the points I am forgetting.

Where should I study statistics from and how do I know which areas I am weak at?

Thanks Pega2010. I appreciate it.

Sheela

Hi, I am scheduled to take the exam end of October. I am using Kaplan for the theories and APhA and Lippincott (Shargel) for the questions. I am also working full time and it is impossible for me to study 8 hours daily. If I am lucky, I might be able to do that on my days off. My goal is 2 hours before and after work but I'm still struggling.

Good luck to us!

Hi, Num and Sheela,

I am having a hard time studying.

I can identify with you both

I work full time in a hospital that handles approx 3000+ prescriptions daily.

I come home tired and fall asleep.

I know there is no short cut \but i can't afford to miss woork

Bills Bills Bills.

Will appreciate any advice,

SJ

Hey Num and singjuba,

Lets motivate each other to study max hours. We can form a support team. If you are interested I can form a yahoo support group. Our group will be to motivate each other to study. we will post the answer to one question every day....."HOW LONG I STUDIED TODAY" . thus it might motivate each other to sit for longer hours.

Let me know if you are interested.

Sheela