Urch Forums

Help me to understand how naplex is scored ???

JorAm

I heard that in order to pass the naplex , you need to get 60% of the exam correct ,,

what is this mean ??? 60% of the 185 questions , which means 111 !!! or 60%of the 150 , which is 90 !!!

please help me figure this out .... Am sure that I answered 70 questions correct , am not sure about the other questiions at all ?? :sorrow: is that means that any person who got 75 in the naplex , at least answer 90 right !!!

• 5 months later...
Nobody knows how it is scored. I have a professor on the ny board of pharmacy who writes NAPLEX questions and HE does not know. It's kind of crazy because they give you harder questions if you are doing well and easier ones if you get a lot wrong and then are they worth the same amount?? Nobody knows

• 1 month later...

I actually called NABP and understood, a little.

Each question on NAPLEX carries a different weight/score. For example, if answer question #1 correctly and it happens that it carries 1 pt, question #2 for you would be a question that carries a bigger weight. If can't answer question #2 due to it's toughness, question #3 would be a question that carries a lesser weight. So, basically, theoretically speaking, if the maximum weight of a question is 3, you would have to get 25 3-point question right just to "pass" NAPLEX. But, if you always miss tougher questions, you have to make sure you answer at least 75 1-point question to pass.

Hope that makes sense.