Urch Forums

Rita Aid, Walgreens, or CVS?

fftb

Hey, guys!

I was wondering if there's any advice on what pharmacy to choose for internship? I know the pay at Rite Aid to start internship is $23.45/hour.

Anybody else got info on how much do you get at other pharmacies?

And where do they treat you nice? I mean, which pharmacy TEACHES/EDUCATES you?

A friend of mine (she's over 40 y .o.) didn't like Walgreen's coz they didn't treat her nice...

Any info on that?

congratulations on passing FPGEE!!!

That is funny! actually, all pharmacies - any chain - are busy and are stressed out.

Another thing is...the reputation of the pharmacy... Like Walgreens have high reputation, actually, Rite Aid used to be thrifty store...

So you never know.

Guys, share your experience! Who is working at any of the chgain stores?

I think it really depends on the store that you are working, some people are nice, some are not, those people may be anywhere, doesn't matter it's Walgreens or CVS or Walmart. I have worked for CVS and Walgreen. I met a couple of those people at CVS, but luckily all people at the Walgreens I worked with are so nice. My opinion is that it is just "luckiness" not which chain.

CVS too many stores, obviously too much to do. Walgreens have the best to offer in terms of training and money. Riteaid has something less than Walgreens in terms of money. CVS offers the least as far as my knowledge goes in terms of money (atleast in the Detroit city area).

Think of money and training oppurtunities. People are always something to deal with as a new challenge.

Hello! I really nead your Help guys.

I have not been practicing for long time and i really wunder where between CVS and hospital pharmacy i should apply in order to benefit more in passing the NAPLEX.

Help me please .

Sannoun

CVS too many stores, obviously too much to do. Walgreens have the best to offer in terms of training and money. Riteaid has something less than Walgreens in terms of money. CVS offers the least as far as my knowledge goes in terms of money (atleast in the Detroit city area).

Think of money and training oppurtunities. People are always something to deal with as a new challenge.

Hi,

I am intern at CVS.I strongly feel that one can not name any particuler chain who treat well or teach well or pay well.

If you are talking about pay whcih varies a lot from place to place.Not only amount different chains but also in one chain pay varies by couple of dollars from one place to other.

I would choose busy store where you learn a lot same time you have to do lot of work at busy store then if you work at the store which feels less # of Rx a day.

Teaching all depends but I guess each store has someone whoz ready to teach.My first store (CVS ) I worked at couldn't teach me anything in 4 month and I moved to differnt store(CVS) and here I have lots of things to learn.Infact I am all ready to fit my self in pharmacist's position.

My store is also looking for interns if you want to apply youc an fill out application at CVS/pharmacy - Careers - Pharmacy for intern for store 0761.Store is located at 560 passaic ave,west caldwell,NJ,07006.

HI swetan!

My question is where will I get better training to pass the naplex no matter how much I will get paid.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am intern at CVS. I strongly feel that one can not name any particuler chain who treat well or teach well or pay well.

If you are talking about pay whcih varies a lot from place to place.Not only amount different chains but also in one chain pay varies by couple of dollars from one place to other.

I would choose busy store where you learn a lot same time you have to do lot of work at busy store then if you work at the store which feels less # of Rx a day.

Teaching all depends but I guess each store has someone whoz ready to teach.My first store (CVS ) I worked at couldn't teach me anything in 4 month and I moved to differnt store(CVS) and here I have lots of things to learn.Infact I am all ready to fit my self in pharmacist's position.

My store is also looking for interns if you want to apply youc an fill out application at CVS/pharmacy - Careers - Pharmacy for intern for store 0761.Store is located at 560 passaic ave, west caldwell, NJ, 07006.

Hi swetan ! thanks for responding.

I guess i will work in a cvs where i will learn brands names and OTC drugs. One will miss these chances in a hospital pharmacy.

I am right??:)

Sannoun.

Ohh Naplex..that is something you prepare on your own,Pharmacy do not train an intern to take NAPLEX.They train intern to be efficient to do pharmacy related work and may be on little bit of consultation questions.

THe things that you need to learn for the NABPLEX will NOT be learned in a pharmacy (retail or hospital). Most pharmacists in retail won't be able to pass the NABPLEX (just a few months after taking it) because you odn't have to use that info in most retail settings. Hospital pharm is the same way. Bust you @ss and study hard because the test will be harder now.