Urch Forums

Insurance/Benefits with Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS

fftb

Hey, guys!

I work as a pharmacy clerk at Rite Aid while waiting on my intern papers, and as an intern the pay is gonna be around 24.00/houra at RIte Aid.

*(I heard the pay at Walgrens is around 30.00/hour).

THE QUESTION: WHAT ABOUT BENEFITS/INSURANCE?

What benefits you guys get working at Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS? HOw long does it take to be eligible for benefits? And how much money do they deduct from your paycheck? COz it really makes difference - your monthly premiums vs insurance coverage.

please, share your information!

thank you!

Guys!

It's been 88 reviews and NO RESPONCE????

Are there any working interns to share their information about insurance vs monthly premium? And how long it takes to be eligible for benefits?

I shared what I know abt Rite Aid!

This info is NOT forbidden by the law to share!!!

Summorizing my info abt Rite Aid intern benefits:

1)eligibility: after the 13th month of employment.

2)coverage: 80% vs 20%(it means employer pays 80% and employee pays 20%)

3)monthly union dues: 45.00 dollars. Add a spouse - 20.00 dollars.

Such a long time to become eligible for benefits - coz Rite Aid is in the "union", that how insurance people at Rite AId explain this. Walgreens and CVS are not in the union.

And check out this cool website for info abt annual retail pharmacy salary:Salary.com’s Salary Wizard™- Do you know what you're worth?

I hope this helps you.

Rite Aid's eligibility like any other chain pharmacy for benefits is after 90 days of employment.

There are various options to select and yes you do pay out of pocket for the coverage and the coverage is very good.

I would say for approx. $ 100/month amount you can have very good coverage and this is before any federal/state tax hence you also save money.