Urch Forums

Experience with intership

lara

Hello!

Dear friends, who got through your internship already, please share your experience with us, people who is just looking for one and who is very worried how it's going to be as an intern in USA pharmacy. Please let us know what kind of job you were doing, what did you start from. Do pharmacists try to help you or were not helpful at all. Just a little suggestion from you, guys, can make somebody's life so much easier, just think about it, how helpful you could be for other people and God will help you with something else.

The best forum is FPGEE forum, from my point of view, when we still were all equal and worried as everyone else.

Does or did anybody do their intership in hospital pharmacy, if yes, what you were doing there. If you were in retail, what exactly were you responsobilities in there? Just a little clue. Did you struugle with anything. Did they quiz you? Anything...

Thank you.

I am a foreign pharmacy graduate finished internship with CVS (store 0761) in NJ.According to my expirience it went very well (except for first 1-2 weeks when you dont know whats going on ).All pharmacist and staff were very cooperative.They all did their best to teach me as much possible and whenever I had question one of them were always besides me and show me the right way.They really provide me with intense training to be a pharmacist.

Could you please be more clear in how to be DIPLOMATIC. Sorry but i did not get that.

Thanks in advance.

i work in cvs in ca,& as swetan said my pharmacy staff was very cooperative & very helpful ,but one advice i would like to give to my fellow interns is 'be diplomatic and be loud'.once u master the data entry that u will be at ease.

Hi guys

i am doing my internship since almost 3 months. I also hard time because of the technicians. The techs at my store alwasys wants to gossip and bit**h about other. I had little hard time learning data entry because they didnt gave me enough time to learn but i slowly picked the speed. All the pharmacists are really nice to me. Once i also talked to my pdm about this and he said he will take care of this. Now things r going little smooth. My observation from the internship is speak for ur self and also be diplomatic and loud. Talk to ur PDM if u r having hard time. Always keep in mind that u r a pharmacist and show it to other with ur knowledge and ability.

Good luck and be patient