Urch Forums

Pre-Naplex

Sbhupathi

Hi,

I took the prenaplex yesterday, the website was crazy .....the pages would just not load up. It took more time for them to load then to answer the questions. After a while it would freeze...just blank sceen or a message, "cannot open the page" .

It was just a waste of time and money. If anyone is thinking of taking it ,think twice before you do. It is not worth it. It is supposed to prepare you for the real exam but it was so far from it. I could not even tell if I was going too fast or too slow..... that was the main reason for me to take the exam......just to know if I was using the time wisely.....but it was such a big waste.

All I would like to say is ...."PRENAPLEX IS NOT WORTH IT, DON'T EVEN BOTHER TAKING IT. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY."

I had the exact same experience a few days ago. Total waste of time and money. Had to logout and re-login multiple times because the test would just hang up.

I have been trying to reach their customer service for an answer, but nobody is taking responsibility for it. The technical support transfers me to pearsonvue, who transfer me to nabp, who again transfer me back to the technical support.

In short worst experince ever. I don't think I am getting a refund for this, but the rest of you can save your money here. I advise all to STAY AWAY FROM PRE-NAPLEX.

-

• 3 weeks later...

For me, the Pre-NAPLEX was not a "preparation", but more of a possible indication of how I would do on the real thing. I made sure I was very familiar with the material before I signed up and took the Pre-NAPLEX online, just so I could see how well I would do on it. (They give a range of scores where you may fall if you take it many times.)

I got my score for the NAPLEX, and it was within 10 points of the Pre-NAPLEX that I took. It might be different for others, though. But it did relieve a lot of stress I had regarding the NAPLEX because I could see what kind of questions were being asked, and the format of the questions.

I'm sorry you guys had such a bad experience, though. And good luck on the NAPLEX if you haven't taken it yet!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I agree with DB28, I think the pre-NAPLEX is a good tool to assess whether you are ready for the real thing and at least it prepares you for the type of questions you can expect. It definitely helped me identify the areas that need a bit more work.

In any case, I did also have a few technical problems. They were not as much with loading the pages, as it was that the web page was not responding to my 'click to continue' from the very start (i.e. I could not even log in). The solution (for my computer/system) was to not run the program in the frame that the Pre-NAPLEX website has for it, but to open the log-in or register link in a new window and then take it from there (you can do that by right mouse-click the register/login link and select 'open in new window...'). Maybe this will help someone else who has problems...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I guess all of the people that had a technical problem/difficulty in taking the Pre-NAPLEX online should all email NABP to let them know the problem we've got with the Pre-NAPLEX. Maybe, they (NABP) are not even aware of this issue. So, if they work on it, that might help solve the problem for subsequent candidates.

Thanks you all.

-

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...