Urch Forums

Qualification for Naplex exam

pranathi

Hi

Can we take the Naplex exam after doing a bpharmacy in India or is it a must that we need to complete Mpharmacy in India and take the Naplex test.Can anyone explain me the Possible ways and the tests that need to be taken for a Bpharm candidate to enter USA.Your quick response will help me a lot.

Thanks in Advance

Pranathi

hi pranathi

first of all in what year did you passed your B.Pharm?

if you passed after dec-2003 then you will have to study here.

For NAPLEX, You have to appear for FPGEE which require your bpharm degree before dec-2003.

If you are eligible for FPGEE then you can take naplex.

Hi

Thanks for your reply .This is regarding my brother he is doing his 3 rd yr bpharmacy in India.so in order to study here he needs to write GRE and Toefl and apply for Universities?I have heared people saying that the 4 yr Bpharmacy degree of India is not valid in USA and they need to complete Mpharmacy in India and then apply for universities here is it true?I think doing MS here in USA takes 2 yrs so in that period can he take the Naplex exam or after the completion of MS ?Sorry that I am asking too many questions .I am from computers background so i have no idea abt this Pharmacy so plzz explian me from the basic stand point.If we pass the Naplex exam wats the next step here can we get jobs wat will be the payrate etc.Is there any scope that we can Go to research field.I am in East coast so can u tell me some universities located in east coast and how many $ is the fee for 2 yrs.

Awaiting your response:)

Hi pranathi,

In order to become a pharmacist in usa there r three stages to be completed.

1.He should gradutate his b.pharm before 2002 december else he has to go to school in usa to complete his 6 years bachelors course to get eligiblity to sit for pharmacy exam.

2.He should first take Fpgee and toeflibt inorder to get FPGEC certificate.This is first step in exam.Then he got to approach few pharmacies and got to complete intership hours depending on the state roughly from 1000-2000hrs.

3.After completing the internship he got to take Naplex and Mpje exam inorder to get Pharmacist license.

For taking Naplex or Fpgee exam He got to have undergraduation that is B.pharmacy 6 years degree which doesn't include M.pharmacy.

In order to go to research field or any other fields he got to take GRE and toeflibt to get into masters and once he got completed with his masters he got toapply for H1b and then get eligibilty to work.

Hi Suma

Thanx for your reply.In order to complete his 6 yrs (that is he already has 4 yrs done in india) so to complete the other 2 yrs he has to get into school in usa so he needs to write some exam in order to get the I 20 's and he needs to appear for visa in madras or delhi my question is can he go with any consultancies to get the I 20's.

2) can he do Mpharmacy in India so that it will be equivalent to 6 yrs degree. Is this 6 yrs degree sufficient to take FPGEE or he needs to take the first option.

3) If he get through the fpgee exam he will be eligible to do internship hours after completing this internship hours he will be eligible to write the Naplex exam if he gets through the naplex exam he gets a Pharmacist license this is wat I understood is that correct.

4)Holding this Pharmacist license wat kind of jobs he will be able to get? I mean will he get jobs in big Pharma companies or in cvs or wallgreens?wat will be the pay rate?In order to get a gud pay he needs to do ms( that is again 2 yrs course right).

pranathi,

Even if he do m.pharm in india it is not considered as a 6 year degree. According to the situation which i understand if he holds a pharmacy 4 year degree after dec 2002 if he wants to become a pharmacist in u.s.a he must go to a pharmacy school in u.s.. See even if he go to M.S. in pharmacy in u.s.a that is not considered as a 6 years degree to become a pharmacist. He has to go to a pharmacy school where he can study 2 more years to become equivalent to pharm.d. Then he can work as a pharmacist. I don't know what exams he has to take and what he has to study. Somebosy can help or else you can call NABP. NABP National Association of Boards of Pharmacy and ask them. Hope it helps

Hi pranathi

I got some interesting information from india.

Nirma university, Ahmedabad, gujart offers 5 years integrated programme.

That is valid for USA pharm.D.

He can join this programme after he complete 4th year B.pharm,

because any one can take admission in 5th year integrated course. and so many student doing this. This is first time in india who offers such facility,

so check availability for that first.

-

again if you do m.pharm in india then come to USA, NABP will give you permission for fpgee but u will not eligible for certification programme, again it is worthless without fpgee certificate. so try my option which might be help you more.

• 8 months later...

coz so many student had problem to get certificate.

my friend did bpharm after 2002 but he did mpharm. so fpgee allowed him to take exam but when he asked for certificate after toefl passed, board of pharmacy denied to issue certificate and said u r after 2002. so better not to take chance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My friend has completed 4 years of B. Pharm after 2003 in India and he wants to be eligible for the NAPLEX for practice as pharmacist USA. If he will do 1 year of "NIRMA" course then would he will be able to take the NEPLEX or not and would he will get the license or not? Please guide me. Everybody is telling me different answers. Please.

• 2 months later...

hello everyone,

I m in NJ, U.S. right now. I want to know if i'll complete the fifth year of pharmacy at Nirma University, would i be qualify to take fpgee and naplex in U.S.or do i have to study more in U.S. before i qualify? Also how dificult is it to get admission in Nirma university for international students?

I have completed my B.pharm from india in 2003.

I appreciate your help.

NAPLEX is the last step FPGEC is the first. See what NABP is saying that from Jab 2004 onwards you should 6 year pharmacy degree to get FPGEC. If you take 2 year NIRMA assuming it is vaid then also you got 5 years so you still have issue.

If I were you I would call or email NABP and get the information. Also FPGEC evaluation is done by ECE.ORG so I would find out from them too.

• 1 year later...

i have a doubt regarding eligibility for fpgee

i am a indian pharmacy post graduate student, my graduate passed out year was after 2003. but i have 6 year curriculum program (4 years b.pharmacy & 2 years m.pharmacy) with that am i eligible to write fpgee, if not please tell me what steps i have to do forther inorder to get eligible for fpgee & naplex. please help me on this

• 1 year later...

Hi Every one,

I completed M.Pharmacy in India during 2011. So, I am not eligible to take NAPLEX exam. I have an offer at Oman to work as Pharmacist there and after taking a Pharmacist exam I can work there. I need some information that can we use the work experience at Oman to take NAPLEX exam in future.

Please, Suggest me.

Regards