Urch Forums

H1b From 2 Pharmacy Chains

blue07

Hi blue07,

Congrats, so you got Rite Aid & Walgreens both to file for your H1B. Lets suppose that both get approved, then which one will you chose?

Walgreens clearly says that if you do not accept their h1b you will have to pay some amount back to them. They make you sign a contract,which is very clear and straight forward, unlike Rite Aid. You will hear from them first as they have done all their H1b visa's by premium processing.

Rite does not say anything like that,infact they mentioned in the email that " they are spending thousands on your H1B visa"

Suppose that you decide to stay with Walgreens, how do you plan to say no to Rite Aid? What will be the legal consequences, since the terms and conditions were just accepted by email.

Lets say you decide to reimburse Rite Aid for processing the H1b Visa, do think they will accept? When they say that "no other company must apply for your H1b".

Hey,

I'm sure RiteAid asked for confirmation that they were the ONLY company applying for your H1B so you would have confirmed that with them, they might be annoyed if you get both.

I rejected an offer from Walgreen's as RiteAid wanted total commitment from me, which I think is fair enough as they are spending a lot of money on your visa.

Hi Pharmaman2009,

I agree with you somewhat, but then Walgreens says that the cost to file for H1b is around $1500 by premium process then how can Rite Aid say they are spending thousands when they file by regular processing?

I do however agree that they do spend a considerable amount when we do the internship with them.

Hi Pharmaman2009,

I agree with you somewhat, but then Walgreens says that the cost to file for H1b is around $1500 by premium process then how can Rite Aid say they are spending thousands when they file by regular processing?

I do however agree that they do spend a considerable amount when we do the internship with them.

They actually spend thousands of dollars:

Base Filing Fee : $320

ACWIA Fee: $750 (1-25 Employees) or $1500 (more than 25 Employees)

Fraud Fee: $500

Premium Processing: $1000

(from Thought Garage » H1B 2009: How Much Does A H1B Cost? (File By Apr 1 2008)).

To USCIS fees you should add the attorney fees (a couple of thousands?).