Urch Forums

zimbabwean pharmacist wishing to sit pebc evaluating exam 2011

kudztich

i hold a B pharm hons from university of zimbabwe 1998, i wish to sit for pebc evaluating exam january 2011,and i have the slightest of ideas on what to do after passing the exam. what type of visa do i apply for me to be able to stay in canada while preparing to write the qualifying exam? how long does it take to get this visa granted by the canadian visa office?:)

I am also Zimbabwean but did my degree in Canada. I now live in The States. I am not sure what kind of visa you will need but you can email the pharmacy board which you are interested in going to and ask them what kind of visa you will need. They will give you all the details. Are you currently practicing Pharmacy in Zim? Good luck.

[banana][banana][banana]thanks for responding, am currently in botswana and have been here for 6years and am tired of this place. how is it in canada and how are the salaries like, how are the exams?do you think having trained at uz,one can pass them? will try that.

teddy,

you need to really inquire about the eligibility to work first before you go ahead with the exams.

pharmacy profession has been taken off their list of professions to be given permanent residency in canada. and all other work visas are 99% impossible for overseas pharmacists. Please check carefully.

With a degree from U.Z you definitely have the right basic knowledge in pharmaceutical sciences that you should be able to pass the exam. All you need will be to buy some studying material, which everyone else does and dedicate a month or two to serious studying and you should have no problems. Salaries are very good in Canada better than the U.K.

I would go ahead and inquire about the type of visa that you will need and I am sure as a Zimbabwean, you should be able to get the right visa without too much problems. Canada is a great country to settle in despite the long winters. If that is what you really want to do, I would advise to persue it diligently and I am sure you will get what you want.

Good luck and keep in touch.

• 3 weeks later...
yes, i heard canada immigration took pharmacists profession out of the list. however, you would have to do further research and start with PEBC . im sure they have some information about the technicality of your coming to canada to take exams.

[banana][banana][banana]thanks for responding, am currently in botswana and have been here for 6years and am tired of this place. how is it in canada and how are the salaries like, how are the exams?do you think having trained at uz,one can pass them? will try that.

Hi,

Nice to see someone on the forum from Botswana. I used to work their as a pharmacist long time back. I was in Gabarone and my employer was Your Chemist or Ok Pharmacy. Where do you work exactly, I mean which city( Lobatse, Palapaye) I sill remember the name of few cities :). How is life there? and are they paying good now in Botswana? I hope you won't mind me asking so many questions. Actually I was excited to see someone from there. Wish you goodluck. I am canadian citizen living in USA on green card. I have gone through the canadian exams as well and I have some idea about how the things work. If you need any kind of help, please feel free to ask. Goodluck.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I agree the Canadian licending exams are way harder then USA exams. It all depends on how strong knowlegde you have and how confident are you. OSCE part 2 of Qualifying exam is very hard. It is around 8 to 10 hour practical exam, for foriegn graduates, this is the biggest challenge of all licensing steps in Canada.

• 4 years later...