Urch Forums

Deficiency Letter from Washington State board- no SSN yet.

canuk

Hello, I applied for Intern permit from Washington State Board, and since I am a Canadian citizen, a letter came saying the Board assessed my application and I am qualified to register as intern, however provide a reason for not having SSN yet. (They also sent me a form to fill out.)

Is this letter that Ive got from them good enough as deficiency letter? (m deciding to send this letter (if it is indeed already the deficency letter) as well as with my resume and cover letter in my internship hunt.

OR do I have to mail back the form first and provide a reason for not having SSN yet, and then they will issue me a proper deficiency letter??

Please provide some answer if anyone's been through this process before.

Thanks and have a good day. Its Civic holiday today here in Canada, yay!!

canuk

What you need doing is pick OTHERS as your option on the form.I got the same form early this year.After explaining myself the i am still in canada and as soon as i secure internship position, i will be able to secure SSN and the number will be forwarded to their office.Having seen my response, the license was issued.

• 3 years later...
Did u start your intern with the deficiency letter? I have no SSn because Im on F2 visa, but soon I'll be on H4 , where my spouse's company will then apply for the green card for both of us. If so, would you recommend that I put this reason in the deficiency letter and accordingly I can start my intern with it till i have SSN? BTW I live in CA and I want to start my internship there