Urch Forums

Illinois board of Pharmacy reply for intern license application.

Nazia

Hello,

I received a letter from Illinois board of pharmacy. I am writing in brief what they had mentioned: The board recommended that the pharmacy program of the University of Pune not be approved due to the failure of the program to meet the criteria for approval of pharmacy programs as outlined in...... However the program was found to be five years in length, thus applicants must pass a preliminary diagnostic examination, TSE & Toefl examinations, and complete a clinical course of instruction which is 1200 hours in length in order to qualify for NAPLEX and MPJE. The director approved the aforementioned.

My question is this something to worry about. My pharmacy degree course was of four years which I had already mentioned on the form. What is this preliminary diagnostic exam, are they talking about FPGEE. Is this clinical course different from internship? One more doubt I have is that, is this document sufficient to apply for Illinois pharmacy internship jobs. Don't they provide deficiency letter or pharmacist intern license card?

Anyone who has any knowledge about this kindly help me.

Thanks

Nazia