Urch Forums

Pharmacy Internship

saydale

• 5 weeks later...
That's why NABP imposed 5 years limitation to candidates. Also, NABP does not accept TOEFL score from outside the USA. NABP takes these actions to reduce the number of candidates who will get the FPGEC certificates. This means that the lower, the number of the cadidates who passed the tests, the lower, the number who will compete in job market. It is tougher and tougher. It is not NABP, you, or me. It is about the whole situation of the country. The trend of retailers are going down hill. Many people lose their jobs, so they do not have medical benefits, which means no money to see doctors and medication.

Hello to everyone here , I got my FPGEC certificate in june , and I applied for grad intern position at walmart and target ,

can someone tell me if walmart still hires/sponsors foreign pharmacists ? and does Target hire/sponsor foreign pharmacists?

Regards

Walid.

• 6 months later...
That's why NABP imposed 5 years limitation to candidates. Also, NABP does not accept TOEFL score from outside the USA. NABP takes these actions to reduce the number of candidates who will get the FPGEC certificates. This means that the lower, the number of the cadidates who passed the tests, the lower, the number who will compete in job market. It is tougher and tougher. It is not NABP, you, or me. It is about the whole situation of the country. The trend of retailers are going down hill. Many people lose their jobs, so they do not have medical benefits, which means no money to see doctors and medication.

What do you mean 5 years limitation? To do what? I know you have 5 year validity period for the FPGee score.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, big chains seam to take pharmacy students from the pharmacy schools and do not have openings for foreign grads even if we are not looking for a sponsorship. I am a green card holder, and it doesn't change much.

Independent pharmacies though seem more accepting, a few of them, but only volunteer hours.

Good luck to all.

• 2 years later...
I am in Seattle, aggressively looking for internship in retail, hospital ...applied to so many places... not one positive reply! All I get is "You have great resume but sorry the position has been filled". It has been three months now. Anyone from Seattle, WA with a success story?

Dear, I am a foreign pharmacist. I passed my FPGEC since 2012, am aiming to complete what I started in Illinois. Can you help with the document that I need to be approved as Pharmacy Intern? and wether you incourage me or not?

Dear, I am a foreign pharmacist. I passed my FPGEC since 2012, am aiming to complete what I started in Illinois. Can you help with the document that I need to be approved as Pharmacy Intern? and wether you incourage me or not?

I'm in Chicago, still waiting for my FPGEC certificate, I believe you have to score a venue to do your internship before obtaining the the pharmacy intern license which is called pharmacy technician license in Illinois and you have to submit many documents including your college certificate and the ECE report. good Luck

• 3 weeks later...