Urch Forums

Looking for pharmacy internship

Meri

Hi,

I am a new on this forum and writing first time here. Finally, I have got FPGEC Certificate now I want to start my internship in New Jersey. Can any one tell me how could I find independent pharmacies there though I don't live there, I am in NY but planing to move NJ after getting the job. I was told that chain pharmacies are not hiring Foreign Graduates as an intern; is this true? Please help me. I will appreciate your response.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am on the same boat as you (I'm also in NY). Yes, it is true that big chain pharmacies no longer accept foreign-educated pharmacists. But there is little hope in Independent pharmacies. What I did was google "independent pharmacies in nj" and go to websites with a directory of pharmacies. They would have listings of pharmacies per city/county. Try to email/call all of them and you might get a reply. Although for my case, some would call back but they are usually not open to sponsoring a visa for Internship. So if you do not require a visa, it should be easier for you. I have read in some forums that some foreign educated pharmacists were granted H1B in NJ thru independent pharmacies but have not responded to me regarding the process or the pharmacies that are open. I will let you know if I get something and please let me know if you hear of any available openings as well. Would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for replying. I found the internship, in independent pharmacy though they are not paying enough. I know this time money should not be your focus. I do not require any kind of visa, I am U.S citizen. Wish you all the best. Thanks again :)

• 4 weeks later...
I am another on this discussion and composing first time here. At long last, I have got FPGEC Certificate now I need to begin my internship in New Jersey. Can any one let me know how would I be able to discover free drug stores there however I don't live there, I am in NY yet planing to move NJ in the wake of getting the employment. I was told that chain drug stores are not enlisting Foreign Graduates as an understudy; is this correct? If you don't mind help me. I will like your reaction.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for replying. I found the internship, in independent pharmacy though they are not paying enough. I know this time money should not be your focus. I do not require any kind of visa, I am U.S citizen. Wish you all the best. Thanks again :)

Hi Meri

What state are you n?

• 1 month later...

Hi, i am on the same boat as well. Living in Ny, moving to JC soon. I emailed all the independent pharmacies, none responded. I ended up talking my resumes and showing up at pharmacies and introducing myself. I could not find a paying internship NJ. Right now. I am doing my internship in a small pharmacy without pay. Were you able to find paid internships?

jay