Urch Forums

Help with filling pharmacy intern application for Washington state

coolfunk

Hi

I am waiting for my FPGEC certificate and in the meanwhile, filling application to apply for pharmacy internship in WA. I will be grateful if someone can answer the following questions for me:

1. How to answer for the following requirement?

"6. AIDS Education and Training Attestation:

Read the AIDS education and training attestation. AIDS training may include self-study, direct patient care, courses, or formal training. A minimum of seven hours is required."

Do I need to take a course or a certificate for that? Any recommendation as to which course is the best?

2. Pharmacy Intern application asks for FPGEE - Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Exam - score letter. I did not receive any letter after I passed FPGEE. The result was online and unfortunately, I did not save it. I haven't yet received FPGEC certificate. Will I be receiving an FPGEE score report with it?

3. The intern application also requires "Email from NABP verifying FPGEC certificate. This is done by Pharmacy Quality Assurance Commission." What am I supposed to do regarding this? Am I supposed to contact Pharmacy Quality Assurance Commission to send this email to NABP?

I will greatly appreciate any input with regards to the above questions.

THX

• 1 month later...

1) I was able to also get WA intern license without HIV/AIDS education and training. But, here is the WA link for recommended AIDS training providers. HIV/AIDS Prevention - HIV/AIDS Trainings for Licensure :: Washington State Dept. of Health

2) You can just print the score online since, you have not received the certificate yet, the score should still be available online.

3) Just submit the FPGEC certificate. That's all that I submitted and the $30 check application fee. Then, they will send you a fingerprint card. Do not fold this, use a hard envelope. You can do the fingerprinting in your sheriff department. The fingerprint technician should do a good job. Then mail back the fingerprint card together with a fee to WA Board of pharmacy. Wait for less than a month to receive your license.

Hope this helps you.

Many Thanks!! I looked into the link for AIDS training and completed 7 hrs of online AIDS training. Also, printed my FPGEE score report.

I was wondering if you may be able to advise on whether I should begin looking for internship even before getting my intern license or should I wait until I have it in hand?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
No luck in Washington,but I finally found one in Cali :) doing my internship and been here for almost 3 mos

Hi Gloridae,

Have you just started your internship? I have just finished my 1,500 hours internship in a nursing home and would like to know if you are interested to study Naplex with me. I just also found another internship in a health center just to get some experience in a different setting.

Goodluck in your internship.

BigSkyMT

• 3 months later...