Urch Forums

California Pharmacy Intern

Felicity12

Hello! I am a Canadian pharmacist, moved recently to the bay area and I am looking to start my internship hours. Any suggestions with this regard may help. I am using online career search engines like indeed and many others, and so far I applied to a lot of pharmacies. The way I've been doing that is searching for technician positions because so far there has been no intern positions posted. I welcome your feedback and discussions folks... Edited by Felicity12

• 1 month later...

Hi Felicity,

were you able to get a California intern license? in case you did how? as I am also Canadian and have applied for the intern license since January. However, now I am in the middle of unending correspondence with the Pharmacy board. I am done with the fingerprints and everything, but cannot get an SSN. I am just confused as they keep on sending me the same response that SS number is mandatory. I got a license in Washington without SSN they just asked me to fill a deficiency letter. Anyways I would appreciate any information you can help me with.

• 3 months later...

Hi felicity12! Are you still looking for internship? Will you consider moving to Sacramento for internship? Let me know, ASAP! Call me at ---------------------------------. - canuk

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by wasleys

Hi, thank you for replying to my thread. Unfortunately I won't be able to move to Sacramento. but I am still looking for a paid internship near san jose or san francisco. Out of cursiosity is the Sacramento internship you mentioned a paid one?

Thanks

Hi felicity12! Are you still looking for internship? Will you consider moving to Sacramento for internship? Let me know, ASAP! Call me at ---------------------------------. - canuk

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

• 1 month later...

We're looking for a pharmacist intern to work as a paid tech in Humboldt County, CA area. We'll teach you as well, but your day to day tasks will be tech work. Absolutely NO visa support, so you MUST have SSN & working permission in U.S., Please don't ask if we'll make an exception, because we can't.

If interested send me private message.

Hi,

I appreciate your offer but I currently live in San Jose area, and for this reason I will have to decline.

Out of curiosity, what is the wage being offered at?

Thanks

Farah

We're looking for a pharmacist intern to work as a paid tech in Humboldt County, CA area. We'll teach you as well, but your day to day tasks will be tech work. Absolutely NO visa support, so you MUST have SSN & working permission in U.S., Please don't ask if we'll make an exception, because we can't.

If interested send me private message.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Just like to share some updates about my journey as intern pharmacist in Cali. I am currently volunteering my internship hours...I am still looking for paid intern positions in the bay area.

Be careful interns, I checked with the board and hours will be accredited only if done under the title of intern (and not tech). They also said that a minimum of 100 hours of institutional pharmacy practice will be sufficient, but they do not have that posted anywhere on the board website. It has been awful trying to reach a live person when calling the board, let alone finding someone who has the answers.