Urch Forums

4 year Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy. NABP and ECE?

ivanmb

Greetings friends. I have a concern and I wonder if someone else feels the same.

In my country, the Dominican Republic, the degree awarded is Bachelor in Pharmacy, which lasts 4 years. The NABP says the minimum to apply for FPGEE is 5 years of study. So I am confused because I don't know if when I send my application, it will be rejected or accepted by the ECE and NABP because of the question of study time in my country.

Can anyone guide me in this regard? Thank you very much!

Hi ivanmb

I believe that there was a cut off time not sure if it was 2003 or 2004. They changed the requirement for those foreign grads who fall on the said year. The requirement is 5 year instead of 4, but if you were a graduate before that then it doesn't matter if you finish a four year pharmacy course

• 2 weeks later...
Your application will be accepted if your Bachelor of Pharmacy (4 yrs) done before January 1st 2003, If not most probably NO.

I graduated BS Pharmacy in 2006 under a 4-year curriculum in the Philippines. I also graduated MS Pharmacy in 2013 in the Philippines. Can i qualify for FPGEC Certification?

• 2 weeks later...