Urch Forums

clinical pharmacy in usa

Evi

Hello everybody.

I'm a foreign pharmacy graduate. I'm interested in becoming a Clinical Pharmacist in the USA.

i have some questions about the procedure needed.

i have heard about the FPGEE exams and internship needed to get your licensure. which are the exact steps?

are these exams enough, do i need to get an PhD or something else?

how many years are needed to become a clinical pharmacist and how difficult is it to work at a hospital in USA as an international graduate?

Thank you very much and good luck to everyone!

• 1 month later...
Hello everybody.

I'm a foreign pharmacy graduate. I'm interested in becoming a Clinical Pharmacist in the USA.

i have some questions about the procedure needed.

i have heard about the FPGEE exams and internship needed to get your licensure. which are the exact steps?

are these exams enough, do i need to get an PhD or something else?

how many years are needed to become a clinical pharmacist and how difficult is it to work at a hospital in USA as an international graduate?

Thank you very much and good luck to everyone!

does anyone know anyhting about this?

• 1 month later...

you can look up more information about being a pharmacist in the states at national board of pharmacy website , they provides all the information you need in details.

To be able to be a licensed pharmacist in the states you need to take the exam called FGPEE then you must get the minimal toefl score required by board of pharmacy to be able to get FGPEC then, contact the state you wish to practice your pharmacy to get the state internship license. complete the required internship hours by the state board, then apply for the exam called NAPLEX and MPJE exams once you are able to clear both then you become a licensed pharmacist ^&^ hope that helps cheers

you can look up more information about being a pharmacist in the states at national board of pharmacy website , they provides all the information you need in details.

To be able to be a licensed pharmacist in the states you need to take the exam called FGPEE then you must get the minimal toefl score required by board of pharmacy to be able to get FGPEC then, contact the state you wish to practice your pharmacy to get the state internship license. complete the required internship hours by the state board, then apply for the exam called NAPLEX and MPJE exams once you are able to clear both then you become a licensed pharmacist ^&^ hope that helps cheers

about the internship, do i need to complete these hours at hospital, at a chain drug store or anything between these two? how hard is it to get an intership at a well known hospital? and something else. do you know if i need to complete a residency program in order to become a clinical pharmacy at a hospital in usa? thank you

Being a foreign grad pharmacist is not easy to get internship, you cam either do the internship at the drugstores or the hospital if you are able to get in. For being clinical pharmacists in the states you do need the residency , but i know one of my foreign grad pharmacist who doesnt have the residency but just got a position in the hospital. So im not sure about that maybe its either you have the residency or you have to be really really good

• 3 weeks later...
I have called NABP before to inquire about re-scoring. It's pretty much useless because it's not done by hand.. it's done by computer and they just run your score through again. I was advised that it wouldn't be any helpful nor would it change my score at all if I did the re-scoring.