Urch Forums

Looking for internship, passed FPGEC & TOEFL already

olasharp

Hi everyone!

I have my FPGEC certificate, and currently reside in Minnesota. I already have a Minnesota intern license. I need a venue for my internship. Does anyone know pharmacy establishments that hire foreign-educated interns? I am currently on F-1 visa, but I'm willing to relocate for a pharmacy internship opportunity.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I prepared for 2 weeks and mostly for speaking section where I knew I may have difficulty. I bought ETS official guide and Barron's guide with 10 CDs (a must buy). While Ets guide is close to the actual toefl exam, Barron's guide is more helpful to practice listening and speaking section as practice questions in it are timed. It prepares you better for the speaking section where you need 26/30.

Pl. refer to notefull.com website to obtain strategy to answer speaking and writing questions. Their template is excellent. I followed it as is. I follows their free videos.

I did not practice by taking all four sections in a row as you get in actual toefl exam but solved each section separately for eg. all speaking sections then all reading sections. This helped me to see how I am doing in each section wrt time and where my weaknesses were.

For reading section, I didn't read the passage before hand, but read question one and read para one to get its answer, as given in ETS book.

Listening was pretty easy for me. I did not find any notefull videos for this section but it is straightforward. Familiarize your self with the types of questions.

For speaking section, I prepared short answers for the topics given in Barron's guide for eg. favorite book, movie, teacher, parent, vacation place, memory from child hood. I did not try to memorize it but if you already know what you like and why, you can prepare for your answers way better in those 15 preparatory secs. I strictly followed the format for other speaking questions from notefull. Writing section, first question is explained very well in notefull, follow that. For Second question remember to write as much as 450 words. Follow notefull for that too. The exam is not difficult, strategize and you will easily pass.

Good luck with your preparation.

You can do it!! Be confident!

Hi everyone!

I have my FPGEC certificate, and currently reside in Minnesota. I already have a Minnesota intern license. I need a venue for my internship. Does anyone know pharmacy establishments that hire foreign-educated interns? I am currently on F-1 visa, but I'm willing to relocate for a pharmacy internship opportunity.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, ANy luck with finding a position? I am also in Minnesota and am looking

Hi, I passed my FPGEE in 2010, since then I am trying to pass my TOEFL with no success.

Any tips or advice ?

Thanks in advanced

I use notefull. if you are really struggling, you can pay them in session to get personal tutor/advice.

notefull has help many people already. it works with me too.