Urch Forums

Need information about STAATSEXAMEN

Sonia Bajwa

Hello! I live in Pakistan and i have completed my 5 years Pharm.d program.Now i m making plan to work as a Pharmacist in Germany.For this, a test that is called Staatsexamen, is conducted.I have no information about how can i apply for it while living in Pakistan? How many times it is conducted in a year? How should i prepare for Staatsexamen? I shall b very gratefull for the information required.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! I live in Pakistan and i have completed my 5 years Pharm.d program.Now i m making plan to work as a Pharmacist in Germany.For this, a test that is called Staatsexamen, is conducted.I have no information about how can i apply for it while living in Pakistan? How many times it is conducted in a year? How should i prepare for Staatsexamen? I shall b very gratefull for the information required.:)

Hi Sonia, please think of what do you intend to do with this German state exam...

The federal "Staatsexamen" (state exam) is being conducted in Gemany within the curriculum, meaning that the best way to get information is to turn to any of the German universities/colleges with a school of pharmacy. Prior to that, you may want to make sure that your PharmD degree is recognized by the German authorities. This includes a good knowledge of the German language orally - and in written, too. Please consider, that Germany has a federal system, so (virtually) each federal state has a chamber for pharmacists ("Apothekerkammer") and a federal administration ("Regierungspraesident") where you may turn to. If I were you, I would avoid the Bavarian authorities, as they are said to be quite strict.

Here is a list of (all) German universities (the expression "college" is not known in Germany):

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmaziestudium#Universit.C3.A4ten_in_Deutschland.2C_an_denen_Pharmazie_studiert_werden_kann

BTW: Erlangen, Muenchen (Munich), Regensburg and Wuerzburg are located in Bavaria (Bayern)... ;)

Once your degree and language skills has being accepted by the federal authority, the chamber may be able to help you. Again, for more information please turn to the the universities and chambers, first. And use google...

Good luck and take care, as I do not check this forum on a regular basis.